1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clevland Rumor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Aruba77, Jun 24, 2002.

Tags:
  1. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

If we got the #6 and Butler was gone, I would want to pick Tskvili. He looks like in a year or two he's gonna be the next Dirk. I don't think there's any reason to go after Wilcox whatsoever. We have 3 better than average pfs and it would be adding to our logjam at that position.

2. tozai

tozai Member

Nachbar is <b> not </b> going to be taken at 8 or above, barring trades the only people interested would be Wash, Mia, and Ind so we might have a good chance, especially if he's only worked out for Wash and Indiana is pretty set on Rush.

3. D-Up

D-Up Member

I don't know if that trade would be too attractive to Cleveland. Here's how I would do it.

Cavaliers receive: Eddie Griffin, #8, #12

Clippers receive: Andre Miller and #15/Kenny Thomas

Rockets receive: Lamar Odom and #6

Cleveland gets a player that won't require an immediate payday and will add to its future along w/two lottery picks - which should still keep them in contention for the LeBron James sweepstakes next draft. Clippers get the stud PG that they covet plus a back-up to Brand (Cato could also work here if they decide not to re-sign the Kandi-man).

Forget drafting Wilcox to make Steve Francis happy, although getting Odom should do that well enough. With the #6 take Nene Hilario. He would replace Griffin's touted rebounding and proven shot blocking presence, not to mention he has the upside to be as good or better than Griffin. Plus he already has the size to play either the 4 or 5 spot, he would at least back up both spots next season.

I would love to take Tsikitishvilli at six but with Odom on board he would be too much of a luxury.

Instead with the second round pick take swingman Predrag Savovic (6'6 225), who could immediately back up the 2 and 3 spot. This guy is CLUTCH, but he played for Hawaii so hardly anyone knows who he is.

4. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

Thank you Oski !! I agree and I wonder why do these people come to Cluth City to bash the best player on our squad because of hear-say. If you don't like Steve because of rumors, don't come here to bash him. This is suppose to be a Rocket's Fan Site!