1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Needs to Be Watching Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SageHare6, May 27, 2009.

1. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Fixed

2. dyu66

dyu66 Contributing Member

You are right, Alston is much better than CP and DW because he is in the Finals...

A comment like this is really an insult to the intelligence of Rockets fans.

I don't see DH carry this team. Instead, it was Turkoglu and Lewis who made it a game.

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Just an observation on tonight's game. Howard got stripped a lot after he caught the ball under the basket. Reminded me of Yao.

4. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Yeah, he brought the ball down alot and the guards were digging the ball. When you play in the post and you make your move, you have to be aware of fisher and guys like that reaching in.

5. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Defense don't sent help at Howard like they do to Yao. He don't get the same attention and when he get Yao treatment he turns into the turnover machine this is nothing new. He is been having trouble before passing out of double team or forcing the issue.

6. superweapon-yao

7 turnovers....dear... yao must be heartbroken ;)

7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Right, because Rafer leads the Magic much like CP leads his team and Yao leads the Rockets. Good point.

Dwight Howard is the Magic's leading scorer and rebounder. This has been the case throughout the regular season and the playoffs. If you don't think he carries his team then you're just ignoring reality.

Yao fans in perpetual denial, it's an ugly sight.

8. leebigez

If you dont think he gets the same attention, you must be deaf,dumb, and blind.

9. kwng

kwng Member

I must admit I was kind a surprise to see Dwight has rubbery hands. He seems to have difficult catching the ball.

10. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Fail to argue, start the insulting game.

Not surprised, on every board, almost every discussion you are in. You are a lot more consistent than Yao and Howard combined.

11. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Rockets in the east>Rockets in the finals

magic in the west>magic lucky to make it to the 2nd round

but let's keep focusing on how amazing it is that dwight could lead his team past the sixers, celtics (sans kg and perkins), and the cavs (against low posts beasts like ilgauskas and varejao).

NEXT!

12. dyu66

dyu66 Contributing Member

It looks like that you are smart enough to make a sensible argument here. Then you should know that your point of DH being in the Finals and Yao not is just non-sense. They are surrounded by different teammates and have played different teams up to this series. It is very clear that HT and RL played very big roles in Magic’s success. The series against the Lakers should be the key to measure how good the Magic as a team is and DH as a post player is.

I have nothing against DH as he is a terrific player. On the other hand, Yao is a terrific player as well. If Yao is healthy, I feel that he will make a bigger impact especially down the stretch as he is a more complete and offensively potent player.

I expect DH to bounce back once the game moves back to Orlando if he wants to hold on that “the best center” title…

13. leebigez

I still don't see why this is even a argument really. Yao is a very good player, especially when he can get to his spot. Howard is a very good player when he gets to his spots. Yao is a very good defender in a certain area while howard is better in space. Howard has been durable and Yao has been fragile. Howard is 23 and Yao is almost 30 with high miles. Its easier to bild a team around howard than it is Yao. Howard has 8 more yearf of really good play and yao has 3.

14. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Or maybe you don't have a TV.

DH never not get the same attention Yao does simple as that, and when he gets it, is doom for him, but you can't afford to double, tipple or send help form the 3 point shooters or you get burn big time.

15. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

He doesn't get the same attention, because Rashard, Hedo and Lee spread the floor much better than Scola, Artest and Battier.

16. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

Howard has only scored 3 times outside of the paint of this entire playoffs.

Let's face it, I said this guy was the flavor of the week when his team got to the Finals, and now he's being exposed again like he was in the Celtics series.

17. ThaBlackKnight

Thank you. When teams front a post player, they have somebody waiting to help right behind that person to intercept the pass or draw a charge. Therefore Yao has already done something right; He's taken the attention away from the perimeter players of the Rockets. If they front Yao, they're leaving something open.

The Lakers are more than content with letting Bynum and Gasol play Howard 1-on-1. Since when could Pau Gasol, a soft post player shut down "SUPERMAN"??

YOU NEED SKILLS to be dominant in this league. Look at Shaq's game. His footwork and post moves were very good. He had skills along with size, strength and pure dominance. DH12 aint even close to that yet, and I don't think he will be IMHO.

18. langal

langal Contributing Member

Fronting is never a real one on one situation. Fronting assumes weakside help. If there was no weakside help, they would be able to lob it into him all day long.

If fronting seals off the other team's center and opens up the lane for someone else, then I don't care about Yao's stats. He has already helped the team's offense by just standing there. That's not necessarily the case though.

19. kawins

kawins Member

Points 2-4 are nonsense. Watch the finals and you'll know.

20. leebigez

I have a hard drive with more games on it than you have probably watched in your entire life. Howard isn't rooted to 1 spot so its not as easy to locate and take him out the game. If you watched the game, you will see kobe cheating off either alston or reddick and digging at the ball. They do a great job with moving him around and he can do it because he can reset his feet. Yao is pretty much a stationary target that cant pick his feet up and move. Thats why people that say he's immobile, its not that he cant move, its because he has slow feet.