1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Regulating Yao's games played for next season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jVgOwnsYou, Jun 3, 2009.

1. dbigfeet

dbigfeet Member

I said it at the beginnign of this past year that they need to lower yao minutes. At least until the All Star break. If he is getting stress injuries, its time to lower the amout of work. I know people believe that he gets paid to much money or Les will not like him sitting. I think it will be worth it if he is healthy and Give the Rockets every game in the playoff and not have the fans wondering what if in game 7.

2. fmp087

fmp087 Member

Minute regulation will have Yao in optimum shape moreso than game regulation. Limit his minutes in the first half of the season and step it up after all-star break. With the summer off, I think he should be ok this upcoming season, hopefully.

3. kwng

kwng Member

Is Yao recent injury cause by the knock he got when he was bumped by Kobe?
    I think Yao need to reduce some of his bulk to relief the stress on his legs.

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If we have Tyson Chandler as a backup, fine...

5. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

6. SuperVon

SuperVon Contributing Member

And risk ruining team chemistry? Doing this could end with the same result as tmac playing in and out of the line up.

Just have faith that he can stay healthy. This year was a good indicator that yao can still play 80+ games at around 34 minutes per game. Hopefully the time off will strengthen his body.

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I still think we need to keep him at 32 minutes at sit him out of all back-to-backs.

We'll need to get a starting-claiber backup C for that to work.

8. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

jaz don't overpay for C like Gortat

9. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

Having a free summer, free of playing would probably be enough for Yao to play as much as He can. They should just watch his minutes in back to back games.

10. heyangw

heyangw Member

Agree.
    37 mpg is too much for Yao and may cause injury.
    34 mpg has bee proved ok for Yao even after a stress fracture injury and Olympic summer.
    Limiting Yao to 50 games in regular season is funny. Yao played more than that even when he got injury.

11. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

he obviously will be more closely monitored next season. The front office and the coaching staff know about the previlant problem with yao and I do not think he is going to practice or play as many minutes in the regular season as this year and previous years. Plus, he does not need practice time really although his teamates do to know how to get him the ball in the post. That is most critical I think especially keeping the young tandem of brooks and lowry.