1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How much would you pay...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Colt45, Jun 7, 2002.

1. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

...to see somebody kick Jerry Krause squarely in the ass?

From the Chicago Sun-Times:

While Yao's cousin, Erik Zhang, a University of Chicago graduate student, has been acting as Yao's U.S. representative, the Sharks reportedly have appointed Houston businessman John Dao as their spokesman. Dao said Zhang's negotiations are not sanctioned by the Sharks.

Bulls operations chief Jerry Krause, who owns the No. 2 pick and has been impressed with Yao, said he has been negotiating with Zhang in recent weeks.

''I haven't heard of this other situation,'' Krause said Thursday between sessions at the NBA pre-draft camp at Moody Bible Institute.

I guess you didn't do ALL your homework after all, didja, "Crumbs"?

Jerry Krause is an utter tool.

2. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

How does this make Krause a fool? Zhang has met with the Rockets as well.

I have the impression that it is widely understood that Zhang is a cousin of Yao Ming and is only Mings personal representative. Krause is alleged to be in close contact with Li Yaomin who has been quite vocal in the Sharks expectations from the NBA and drafting team.

3. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

In light of his previous statements ("we don't need to visit China, we've already done our homework"), his current statements are the basis of my opinion.

The fact that he's commenting on Yao Ming at all are rather galling as the Bulls options are based squarely on the Rockets plans.

But, let's be honest. Jerry "Crumbs" Krause has branded himself a tool with virtually every move he's made since the "Jordan-Pippen-Jackson" fiasco. How he continues to hold an executive position in the NBA fairly boggles the mind.