1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The return of Nader

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Nellie, Jun 5, 2002.

Tags:
  1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Why would other team's fans be spending so much time on a Rockets fan board unless it was classy?

Hey, Nelson. Quit trying to be this objective opponent fan observer to keep us in line, when all you are really tring to do is fit in on a sports bbs.

Nice article pull. I appreciate it.

2. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I always thought the same was true for Magic. Dude would never have been able to be a NBA PG (at least in the latter part of his NBA career) if he hadn't been allowed to use his @ss as a lead blocker.

3. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Dear Mr. Nader,

Please use your influence to have the NBA review the Draft Lottery.

Sincerely,

Up In Smoke

4. grummett

grummett Contributing Member

One of Nader's infrequent moments of lucidity.

5. Rocketblast

Rocketblast Member

Why?

Interesting. Politicians becoming involved in the NBA.

6. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I'm joking.

If anyone thinks the NBA favors one team over another (Lakers over Kings) then we shouldn't have won the lottery. I'm pretty sure the league could have rigged it if they wanted to.

7. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Just because three officials fix one game doesn't mean the entire league would have to be fixed. Also, with the journalists attending the live draft lottery drawing and the high speculation of the Knicks needing Yao Ming, this would not be the year to fix it, if they wanted to do so.

8. mhan

mhan Member

how much does nader actually know about basketball anyways? quotes like this don't give me much confidence:

"They called 27 fouls on the Kings in the fourth period? Come on, that's a joke."

see, i would agree with him if that were true. but they didn't call the kings for 27 fouls in the fourth quarter. they were called for 31 fouls in the entire game. plus, when i reviewed my tape, there were about 6 intentional fouls committed by the kings, so the ft discrepancy wasn't quite as bad. the game still obviously favored the lakers, of course, but then so did games 2 and 5 favor the kings.

9. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

About that 'non-call'...even though it would have been a double foul the referee still should have called it. Some people say, "So what? The call wouldn't have made a difference.". But then, it ruins the integrity of the referee and gives a perception of favoratism when a foul is committed directly in the referee's line of sight and he doesn't do anything about it. We wouldn't be arguing about it either.