1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do strength shoes really work?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stevie Francis, Jun 6, 2002.

1. Stevie Francis

just wondring.

2. DaneB

DaneB Member

Wrong forum. What are strength shoes? Are they like ankle weights?

3. x34

x34 Member

Yeah! They isolate the muscles. The muscle has to grow....or die.

4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Yes, Yao and I have been using them for about 3 months now and we are both seeing improvements. He can now hit his head on the rim and I can dunk(See Andy's height). We've also tried finger role gloves. Yao is a lot better at it than me. He looks similar to George Gervin only 7'5" and Chinese. After we work out we go for a bowl of pho, but it has a bit of a twist. Instead of the broth being beef it's actually gatorade. East meets West, if you will. Then we go cow tipping.

Andy's Height- 5'10 1/4"

5. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I had some when they first came out in 1990 in high school. They work, but you have to really work in them. You can't just wear them them and expect them to work. You have to stretch real good to prevent strains and stuff. If used properly, they work good though. Running ,box jumps, horses and stuff like that are essential to them working. They do work though.

6. tozai

tozai Member

Don't waste your money trying to dunk kid? Use weights, plyometrics, and just play

7. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

Like Leebigez said, yes they reall work but you can't expect them to work for you. You have to make sure to do many excersizes in them along with other types of jump training such as quick jumping hurdles, jump rope, and boxes. Also, they hurt like hell.

8. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

Yes they work. But, everyone I know that used them ended up with acl injuries. But they improved 6 to 10 inches.