1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How boring...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ZRB, Jun 2, 2002.

1. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Every f***ing year, the same champion. I don't know how any NBA fan other than Laker fans can enjoy that. Every year the same team wins it, the league gets more and more boring.

Nice choke job Sacramento. Thanks for ruining the league for another year.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

ZRB

it is not .. if it's the rockets
    but . .. Game Seven was kewl

Sac town did not Sac up
    Webber needs to Grow some . ..

Christ, Peja and TurkeyGlue [I actually like Hedo
    . . . would pay to see him on the Rockets]
    Just became heartless

Rocket River

3. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I'd like to see another champion as well, but fortunately the NBA isn't MLB (salary cap) so I'll take the same team winning the title multiple years because everyone is on an even playing field.

The Lakers can't help having the two most dominant players in the league.

4. Rocketblast

Rocketblast Member

Who's crowned the Lakers champion just yet?

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Yes they can help. They could trade Shaq to us for Cato and Rice.:D

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Even though it is the same team, the series are getting more and more competitive. I thought it was the thrill of each game that makes it exciting, and not who wins it.

Are you to tell me that it's getting so predictable to the point that the Lakers are guaranteed to win it the next year?

If I didn't like the Lakers, I'd still be pretty excited next season to see what the Rockets do and how they get to the playoffs.

7. Rocketblast

Rocketblast Member

I don't see the Lakers winning next year. Shaq is wearing down, and it does not seem like they will make any significant additions in the offseason. With all the up and coming teams, the Western Confrence Championship is up for grabs.

Did anyone read "Shaq Talks Back." I remember in that book he said something about him being dominant for only three more years. That was written after the championship against the Pacers.

8. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

will dick bavetta still get to ref playoff games?? is david stern still going to be the commissioner?? will shaq's fat ass still get to knock people around with no fouls??

the answer to all four questions is the same.

9. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I think after they dominoe the nets, Shaq will take a yr off to recover from all the injuries.

10. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I guess people weren't tuning in when Jordan was winning all those championships eh?

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Ouch...And I was gonna tell you how Shaq rubbed Dick Bavetta's bald head for good luck. :D

Rocketblast, if the Net's win the title, I'll take on a life devoid of TV, internet, and other worldly pleasures. I'll devote my life to sacrificing myself to making the world better. I will become everything that a person living in Southern California is not. :p

12. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Here's a nice whine everybody should try, the ZRB merlot...

One of the best seven game series in the past five years with the seventh game going into overtime wasn't good enough for ya? Would you rather the Lakers swept everybody like last year?

13. GotGame15

GotGame15 Member

Shaq could wear down, but there isn't gonna be no significant drop from just one year...plus he's still like a monster. Even if Shaq did wear down...Kobe gets better every year, he's only 23...hard to imagine. So I'm with ZRB, another boring year....another reason to not care about the regular season rankings.:(

14. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

I don't watch to see someone hoist the tropy---I enjoy the drama, competition, and grit of the playoffs.

No matter who wins it, thats always interesting to me ZRB...

If Shaq is wearing down, so are the people who are playing him---and there's no one up and coming who is a 'Shaq-stopper'. Furthur, he showed one of the penchants of all great players in this series: the ability to adjust his game. His size is still a HUGE factor, but he showed the ability to score in this series without having to knock someone over/out first (those touch shots off the glass for example) and also to take advantage of the FT line.

This was a HUGE loss for San Fran, as they not only had a chance and blew it, but also showed and gave LA a chance to patch some holes. I say LA dumps some salary this offseason, gets a defender, another passer and some big game experience to boot and they're right back there again next season. I keep thinking what they would have been like had they had a first round pick at the end of the first round last year and taken Tony Parker...