1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2009 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Lil Pun, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Fatty FatBastard

I think he means that due to the proximity between the towns, it will sting even more if Crabtree turns out better than Heyward Bey. Kinda like if Dallas did something like this to Houston.

That said, Heyward Bey is one r****ded last name. Not only is it two words, but both are peculiarly spelled.

2. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Sarcasm meter broke? :confused:

Its been talked about plenty in this thread. Moes nearly died from his Raiders continuing to embarrass themselves with their first 2 picks.

3. Jayou

Jayou Member

Exactly. To use a Rockets analogy if Daryl Morey offered Carl Landry a 3yr, $30 million contract last summer, it would be same thing as the Raiders picking Heyward-Bey at number 7.

You don't overpay a guy just because; you try to get fair value. Which is something that Al Davis has never gotten. The Raiders are doomed to eternal suckitude until Al Davis is dead and six feet under.

4. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Who are you?? Steve Perry?? :eek: :p

5. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Sorry for being a little late but I had mixed feelings. I love Georgia football and especially Stafford and Moreno. I mean I am not unhappy that they picked Knowshon; however, they had a lot of other needs that needed to be filled like Orakpo (but they did get Ayers). I really didn't expect them to draft a running back after they have signed so many free agent RBs like J.J. Arrington, Correll Buckhalter, etc. I think they now have like 15 RBs on the roster. Maybe McDaniels is going to have the Broncos be a run-oriented, ball control type offense with Moreno as the featured back and Orton throwing like 10 to 15 times a game. McDaniels' thinking is the best defense is the one that never has to get on the field, lol. I do think the Wake Forest DB, Alphonso what his name, will be good but I don't know about trading a future 1st rounder for him. Someone had said that deal was financially motivated because the Broncos didn't want to have pay 2 1st rounders 2 years in a row - bah, who knows?

I think the Broncos are definitely in rebuilding mode and with the AFC West being down (even the Chargers aren't quite as good as they used to be), maybe McDaniels thinks 9-7 or even 8-8 is good enough to win the division. And even though I felt that Shanahan needed to go and I wasn't against the Cutler deal (didn't like his whining), I have a distinct feeling that the Broncos and their franchise have taken a step back. :(

I wonder how long McDaniels is going to last in Denver...

6. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

He looks the part, he's just not under quite yet.