1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Effin RIDICULOUS (My first playoff game experience)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreaMac, Apr 25, 2009.

1. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Yeah this picture shows what im talking about. And don't get me wrong, the arena was pretty loud. Louder than I expected with those empty seats. And people that are saying it was a good turnaround, are only saying it because they have seen worse. But that is not an excuse. As you can see in this picture, there were bunch of empty seats all throughout the lower bowl. Im just disappointed because Portland's arena was packed. I really expected the same from the Rockets fans. Oh well...I learned from my first playoff game.

And please, stop using rain as an excuse. It wasn't just raining in certain areas. It was pretty much throughout Houston. If the upper level was filled completely, those rich people don't have an excuse.

2. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

They had those chants in their arena too. They weren't disappointed about that. I LOVED IT.

3. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

4. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Here you can see the thunder sticks that I was talking about. Brilliant idea. But this picture is deceiving. Lights out + everyone was standing and waving those sticks so that won't show you much.

5. nahmorlah

nahmorlah Contributing Member

The game was a lot of fun. The upper level was going crazy. I have to say, the platinum blonde power dancer is freaking tough. She got nailed in the back of the head by a dude doing a blackflip and got right back up.

6. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

at least we dont do what Detroit did and send an email out to opposing fans offering tickets.

We only do that against the spurs.

7. Mikeylu

Mikeylu Contributing Member

the place seemed pretty bumpin from ESPN HD :D

all you guys at the game made me so envious ..cant wait for game 4 :cool:

8. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

I don't know about yall but I kept yelling at the fans on my tv telling them to make noise, it was horrible, finally Scola made a play and start raising his hands to tell the fans to get up and they finally cheered , also when Shane made that 3. I remember the day when everytime the road team had the ball, the crowd would cheer Defense, that was years ago though. (did they do that 1 time last night?)

9. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

It's only because their is no need for it. They are sold out, but the corporate seats aren't always given away.

10. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

I must not have seen the same game, the lower bowl looked full to me. Saw a lot of red shirts down there and it was loud in the TC, the attendence figures show it was way more than a sellout also.

11. bball1217

bball1217 Member

I was there too, and I couldn't agree with you more. My first playoff game also!

12. bball1217

bball1217 Member

But it still was a lot of fun and really loud for the number of empty seats we had

13. LAYGO

LAYGO Contributing Member

lol, houston gets as much or more rain than seattle . . .

14. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Yeah but also it was raining really bad into Houston. I mean I couldn't see a damn thing when I was driving part of the time, so maybe the rain was the reason some did not go. I've been going for the past couple of years and its always been packed. The only problem i had was the Portland Sucks chant. It just kind of seemed of bad taste since most of the team aren't really that bad.(Excluding Oden and Flopzillia) If this was the Jazz or Lakers then entirely different story. :D

15. matac3

matac3 Member

I'll say this, there was empty seats but nothing compaired to what a regular game with empty seats was like. The place was load, packed, and amazing when tip off started.

Everyone knows there was going to be a few empty seats but it wasnt bad. I was amazed at how loud it was when Deke received his award. Plus, lets not forget, it was horrible out.

When i got to my seat after sitting in traffic and walking in the rain, i was completely soak from the rain. I know people had to be sick but you know it was all worth it. This was by far the best playoff game we have had in yrs with the intro, dikembe awards, the fans, everything....

16. Shaunjon

Shaunjon Member

I think it was the rain+the astros game down the street. Regardless the arena was amazing, it was my first playoff game also. There was a Blazer fan sitting nearby and everyone booed him and taunted him during and after the game haha, awesome

17. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

"Boom...roasted!"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

i'm not sure if you were at the same game I was at but this crowd was REALLY GOOD....we were loud and stayed loud..mmost people were in their seats at tip off despite the rain.....yeah i admit the regular season sucks because of the crappy fans...but everybody seemed to jump on the bandwagon for the playoffs and it was as loud as GAME 7 against Utah a few years back.....I"v been a season ticket holder for many years and I was acutally proud of the fans that game....

19. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

I am going to experience my first playoff rox game tonight. Hopefully things will be different tonight, blow out win, loud chants, and no empty seats.

20. 3rdRingsAComin

half empty? nice thread