1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TMac says we will get beaten

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bugzpodder, Apr 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scientific1

Scientific1 Member

Those Jazz fans are getting tired of Sloan now too. Don't think they aren't.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I wonder if Tmac is honestly a bit worried that the team will win a round without him, and he and his ego would have a hard time with that.

DD

3. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

You're saying just because a person did not attend college, that it makes them highly uneducated. Now I know why most of your comments are idiotic and way off base. Just this statement alone confirms my assessment of you.
    You sound like you went to school with George W. :rolleyes:

4. DaDakota

I did not say all people who didn't go to college are stupid, now did I?

I am just saying that Tmac's situation, where he goes from a coddled high school athlete straight to the pros where he is a coddled professional athlete has left him without an understanding or proper perspective of how to deal with the press, or how words can impact others.

I do think Tmac's lack of perspective causes him to say stupid stuff, don't you?

Please do not take my opinion about Tmac and extrapolate it across to include everyone, it is just how I read his particular situation.

Everyone's experience is different, and there are plenty of smart people who never finished college, Bill Gates comes to mind.

Tmac is just not one of them....the jury is still out on you though.

;)

I kid, I kid.

DD

#404 DaDakota, Apr 21, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  5. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

He simply said that he felt the Lakers were going to win it all. Last year Magic Johnson said the Celtics were going to win it all. Does that make him anymore less a Laker? IT'S HIS ASSESSMENT. Just like you are an ass#$*e, everybody knows one.

6. DaDakota

Ok, now calm down, don't get all upset because you misinterpetted the context of my post about Tmac's lack of education.

Name calling is highly inappropriate.

Do you not understand how harmful him saying it is, when he is still on the team, is still the team captain?

At the very least he should have just ignored the question, it shows a severe case of ignorance to make that statement on his part.

But, I am not surprised are you?

DD

7. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure Tmac is probably thinking, "damn, this year the Rockets have no reason not to get out of the first round--and here I am in Chicago." I don't know if it's ego so much as it's kinda like a hangdog, "why me?" kind of deal.

I agree with what you said about TMac and his lack of education. Everything he's learned about dealing with the press has been on the fly. As such, it's not surprising that so much that comes out of his mouth leaves us dumbfounded or saying, "WTF?!" Dealing with the media just doesn't come naturally to him like it does to someone like LeBron who has a similar lack of schooling.

I hope TMac is back with the Rockets (I'm well aware I'm in the minority here, but that's okay), and during the interview he said he's working with Tim Grover, so I don't think there will be any slacking off. I expect that when Tmac gets back on the court he'll be in the best possible shape he can be in--but I'm very uncertain as to how much he'll have left.

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm going to calling you a name.

I'll call you a ..99er! :p

9. DaDakota

That would be ok, honestly, his microfracture was not all that severe, I think he had the same type as John Stockton and he was back in 2 1/2 months....so there is even hope that Tmac could be ready by training camp.

Right now, I want him gone, but I am willing to change that if he is healthy and motivated, it is amazing what athletes can do in a contract year.

:D

I accept the charge good sir !!!

And, I am proud to wear that badge of honor.

DD

10. tone-weezy

tone-weezy Member

Be upset that in the 2 and a half months away from team rehabbing in Chicago that the Rockets arent on his mind.

Honestly, this interview had basically nothing to do with Houston. Not one question about how the team is playing nor about them going foward in the playoffs...hell, not even a token "how good is Yao?" question.

11. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

Tinman or DD...

What is so special about 99??

12. DaDakota

I am sorry that is privelidged information, we could tell you but.......

:D

DD

13. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

I ask because there are alot of post by others saying 99 this or 99 that

14. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Seems to me that you do not like it when other people take your words and misconstrue them. That is what I'm saying about Tracy. People are taking his words out of content. He simply tells the truth, and people beat him down for telling the truth. You want him to lie to you?? Most people prefer someone to lie to them, make them fell better. When it is not the case.

If you listened to his interview, he said he is foaming at the mouth to return. I didn't hear you comment on that. Just the fact that he choose the Lakers to win it all. If you ask any sensible person who understands basketball who is their pick to win it all, they are going to choose the Lakers. It doesn't mean they will, that's why we have UPSETS ALL THE TIME! :D

15. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

All I know is you wouldn't hear Garnett talking about the Cavs winning it all...

16. DaDakota

If you ask Kevin Garnet what do you think he will say?

What if you asked Manu Ginobli?

What if you asked Jameer Nelson?

Do you get the point? As team captain, which he still is, you do not toss YOUR TEAM under the bus.

And, my words get misconstrued all the time, it is a lack of education by people that are reading them that is the problem.

;)

Actually, I don't like being called an (*&#)(*&#)(&.....I think that is disrespectful and usually done when someone has run out of intelligent things to say, or they are just kids.......

DD

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It was the year when Clutch created heroes to defend this board's ideals and beliefs.

Like when Optimus Prime brought the Autobots to Earth.

18. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Well, it's kind of hard to say what those guys would do, considering they weren't asked that question.

19. DaDakota

If they were asked, and they answered it like Tmac did, they would get tossed through the ringer too....

DD

20. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

Well they can say one thing and mean something else. Just because its being said doesn't mean guys really mean it. I'm sure Jameer Nelson knows for a fact that the Magic have no chance in winning it all. So does Ginobli.

They can say what they want but guys don't know what they are thinking. They can say "Yeah my team is going to win" blah blah blah but deep down inside they know for a fact hell we don't have a chance. In McGrady's case he just says what he feels no matter what.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.