1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ronald on now

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by carmichael dave, Apr 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

COOOOKIE!!!!!

2. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Hilarious!

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ron's reaction was exactly what I thought when I first heard the news.

It is unthinkable. I can not even begin to portray my feelings accurately.
    Tracy didn't say that...
    Tracy didn't say that...
    Tracy didn't say that...
    Tracy didn't say that...

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

The host only said "all star tracy mcgrady of the houston rockets" like 50 times, they sure didn't see him as a random player...

5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

dang i missed it hopefully a podcast of it will be up soon for the rest of us

6. Noodles1140

Noodles1140 Member

1 person likes this.
  7. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

8. Noodles1140

Noodles1140 Member

No Problemo,

Just click the link to listen, and scroll on down to the "Free download link" after it makes you wait the annoying 15 seconds.

It's not the most elegant solution but it's the fastest way for us to post audio for you guys.

9. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

10. Scientific1

Scientific1 Member

Ron did seem shocked to hear Tracy would say that. Tracy should know how close people are listening to him, and even though I don't mind what he said, I think it shows how unfaithful he may be to the team.

Ron is a soldier. It's obvious he'll do anything for the team, and it may be hard for a player like Ron to hear that Tracy picked another team to go all the way. Worse yet, T-Mac didn't mention if we could put up a fight against the Lakers should we face them.

11. tone-weezy

tone-weezy Member

He's a bit of a sucka for not mentioning Rockets at all only because every public figure is aware of what is said about them so he has to hear the wispers of he's gone in the summer or how he's a curse ... knowing that you'd think he would try his hardest NOT to give those people any more ammo.

Those people will run to the members of the team and they'll have to answer questions about it when the last thing on their mind is Tracy Lamar McGrady Jr. They shouldn't have to answer questions about him.

They asked him about Van Gudy and Adelman and the rest of the interview had nothing to do with the Rockets. Brooks plays like Derrick Rose and he's asked about his rehab...Scola shuts down Aldrige hes asked the MVP race and Hawks/Heat series...Yao's perfect and he's sked who's gonna win it all.

Honestly, im not trying to make excuses, im just saying I dont think those comments showed in any malice or contempt towards Houston.

12. tresimecgredi

tresimecgredi Member

Usual classless T-Mac talks...the guy seriously need some PR lessons...btw I think someone of us would have bashed T-Mac if he had said that Rockets will be his pick for the title :D

GO ROCKETS!!!

13. cst_chenchen

cst_chenchen Member

14. blender

blender Member

I love how in the interview, Artest gave props to Von Wafer, naming him the x-factor of the series as well as a potential all-star. I also saw how he was talking to Wafer throughout the first game, trying to give him pointers.

Real classy of him to show support for his younger teammate.

15. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

LOL, you guys are just way too sensitive man. T-Mac obviously could have answered the question better, but since when has he been known as a smart interviewee? From the "I'm glad I'm finally out of the first round" all the way to picking the Lakers as the champs, he's had quite a few flubs along the way. You all should know by now that he doesn't mean any harm by saying what he does, he just says it because that's how he feels.

He doesn't feel the same as you guys? So what? He's not obligated to be the Rockets' PR machine, although it is very much preferred. Most players have the brains to realize that they have to think before answering a question. We all know that he's not exactly at the top of the gene pool when it comes to intelligence. He's paid 22 million a year? Yeah, to play at a high level for the Rockets. He's obviously failed to do that, but you can't say that he was obligated to be a blind homer and pick the Rockets as the champs. The Lakers are the smartest choice, he knows that, so that's what he answered when asked who the favorites were.

I just don't know why we're all screaming for his head when he doesn't act like he's followed the Rockets for thousands of years like we have. You guys are crucifying him for his comments, but he wasn't saying it with malice. He's just pretty dumb about a lot of things, and answering interview questions is near the top of that list.

16. icewill36

icewill36 Member

i agree... he says things he probably shouldn't, but he doesn't mean anything by it, he was just answering the question. people should be used to things like this by now. it is not a big deal IMO

17. ExJordanary

ExJordanary Member

blues clues!!!

18. ExJordanary

ExJordanary Member

it just makes me hate t-mac even more!! I can only pray mr dawson will trade stacy to some really **** team so he can rot there

19. rockets_fanatic

Most of the people here look for an excuse to b**** about McGrady.

20. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Serious question:

This show is obviously supposed to be funny right, with the whole act of Artest earlier this year with the reference to his so called brother etc ?

The answer doesn't even matter but still I would like to know because the jokes about Tracy's eyes, his injury and the second round virginity thing is really disrespectful. Also to compare the gunshot wound and how Landry is playing and Tracy is not is absurd.

I do agree that Tracy should've at least mentioned the Rockets in some way
    but from the sound of it, Tracy was just being honest in the interview and thinks nobody can beat LA because he gives a good argument about the Cavs. But if you really are rooting for your team, you at least mention them and show your support.