1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

funny Duncan

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bbvoice, Mar 24, 2009.

1. tonyrox

tonyrox Member

Coach was on the court giving advice and Duncan walked by and stopped to listen, which I think he can do since the coach stepped on the court?

2. azjw

azjw Member

It was after the Scola layup. When Spurs were trying to win the game with 11.2' left to play. RA was trying to keep Lowry in check about guarding Parker/Duncan PnR. The end result made it funny,but it could be Deadly to us. RA should have pushed TD away for being a spy on our top secret. :)

3. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Yes there is no photoshop there. Tim was standing there while Coach was talking to Lowry... then Chuck came over and said something to him and bumped his shoulder.

4. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

sheed does this as well

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

RA: Alright Duncan, I want you to stay out of the paint and stand there like an Idiot.

1 person likes this.
  6. RocketSolid

RocketSolid Member

I saw the whole thing, and I cannot help but "WTF" Duncan?

After a Spurs time out, Duncan just walked towards Rockets' side of the court, Apparently there was still intense coaching going on with Rockets player, Duncan just walked in and listened...Nobody seemed to notice.

Then the commentators also talked about it.

7. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

Yeah its real and Chuck Hayes played some defense by giving Duncan a little shove to push him away.

8. ibm

ibm Member

coach adelman, pop would like me and parker run a high p&r. how are you gonna defend it? are you gonna put yao or hayes on me?

9. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

I remember this clearly, it was a Spurs time out and Duncan went right over to the huddle. My girlfriend got up screaming "babe that's a technical" LOL and started screaming cheaters! I told her to relax we're playing defense and it is not a tech...

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

now that fellas is a girlfriend, lol.

11. eveluvsrox

eveluvsrox Contributing Member

you mustve missed that game. he definitely wanted to know what the play we were running.

all in all he FAILED!! muahahahahaha :D

12. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

actually i see nothing wrong with what duncan did actually it was pretty smart if you ask me. If RA was out on the court duncan could go and listen in the fact that he was able to listen and try to figure out what the rockets planned to do on defense is straight heady if you ask me.

luckily i dont think RA said anything of consequence because the Rockets still had a foul to give in the situation and probably was telling Lowry in what situations that they wanted to use the foul and when they didnt want to. I dont remember seeing Tim going to the other spurs and telling them what to do.

RA could also have been telling Lowry what they wanted to do if they got a stop with X amount of time left.

I think one time when Sheed did it he was straight in the huddle he went immediately to the rest of the pistons and said what was going to happen and detroit stopped it I believe.

funny moment I think the Rockets should that more often with Aaron Brooks he is soo small no one would notice he is there listening in

13. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

maybe RA saw Duncan and told Lowry something completely different then what he wanted to do :D

14. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Too bad Duncan didn't listen in to the huddle before Yao found Scola from the top of the key for the layup, Duncan made a total brain fart leaving the rim and his man Scola open for a layup. In fact in the previous Yao to Scola pass, Scola was Duncan's man also when Duncan decided to double Yao and let Scola free for the cut to the basket (Bowen switched too late).

Thanks Timmy.

15. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

if anyone lived in san antonio they would have seen this one duncan commercial, i dont remember what he was advertising, but he negotiates a car price without talking, he just blankly stares like he always does. and then something else happens, and lastly he is pulled over for speeding, but he doesn't get a ticket after staring at the cop...it was friggin hilarious

tried looking for it on youtube, but no luck sorry

16. GMNot

GMNot Member

I didn't find it humorous. It's about as unsportsman-like as flopping... except worse. Both are forms of cheating. Really changed my view of "Timmy" Duncan. Too bad it can't be put on a billboard in San Antonio with a caption: "What makes the Spurs so good?"

17. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

american express?

18. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

You're taking it too seriously. It was all fun and games, and Timmy didn't care what was being said. When in all reality he should have been focused on the game. I used to do it all the time, and if the other team says something to you, you just walk away. No big deal.

19. Artesticle

Artesticle Member

Charles Barkley as a Rocket used to do this. It was funny.

I was at a game were some nobody fouled Barkley then Barkley reached out and shook his hand, saying "thank you". I think he was in awe with Barkley and just shook his hand back.

20. jedicro

jedicro Member

LOL

Duncan's awesome.

We talk a lot about the rivalry, but does anyone else not have any bad feelings about the Spurs? Sure Bowen makes a dirty play every now and then and Ginobli flops, but they are all class acts. Every time a Rockets player hit the ground, there were Spurs hands there to pick them up. That's so refreshing with all the whining and thuggish/smug (guess who) nature on other teams.

I know that unless it conflicts with the Rockets, I'll probalby be rooting for the Spurs in the playoffs.