1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 87, Spurs 85

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 22, 2009.

Tags:
  1. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

If Scola can play next to Yao, I don't know what made them think Scola couldn't play next to Duncan. Yao and Scola have great chemistry and it was at full display late in the fourth quarter.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

That chest bump between Yao and Scola was hilarious. GREAT WIN! :) :)

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i think they knew what scola brought to the game, they just didnt expect to lose out on Tiago Splitter or for Houston to acquire significant pieces without losing much. They pretty much were saying, "we'll give you scola because we know we'll still be better than you"

5. 1individual

1individual Member

Great game.

I hope Utah sticks in 4th or 5th place.

6. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Perfect game, perfect ending!

Yao and Scola sticks it to the Spurs to win the game! Especially Scola who was given away by the Spurs. Way to stick that middle finger up the Spur's *******. :cool:

The team showed some grit and toughness for a late come from behind victory. Honestly, I thought our chances were slim when we were down 6 with ~5 minutes left to play...put the Rockets really pulled through with a huge victory! My confidence in this Rockets team have skyrocketed.

#186 LCII, Mar 22, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  7. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Great, gutsy win! I would've been worthless the rest of the day if the Rockets lost.

Artest, Yao, Scola, and Lowry with real good games. Battier was nonexistent until he made a couple of important plays down the stretch, which is what a role player needs to do from time to time. Props to him for doing that. Mason, however, wasn't even guarding Battier for most of the game and I can't blame him. Udoka played the type of game Battier should play more often. Notice how the two players the Spurs have that are similar to Battier both come off the bench and play less than 30 mpg. This is how Battier needs to be used. He'd be more effective that way.

I really like Yao's playmaking skills down the stretch.

Nobody hustles harder than Luis Scola!

Good to be in the division lead and have that #2 seed at the moment!

8. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

What an ******* that guy was. If you wanna host a damn game then host it. But cheers for the win!!

9. azjw

azjw Member

It's now 6:45 in Shanghai, in the morning. OK, didn't sleep much,but i'm gonna have a hop in my steps all day!

This win is the very definition of a TEAM WIN!

10. arif1127

arif1127 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the biggest move of the night was the staff telling yao to just turn and shoot. no dribbling, no turnovers, no nonsense with yao in the second half. when he started the fourth quarter off with the two face up jumpers it made the spurs adjust defensively. yao's face up j is a damn good shot and he needs to use it more b/c it means he isn't dribbling the ball or turning it over.
    strong work coaching staff!
    oh, and the execution offensively down the stretch, the best this season, gotta love the yao-scola connection for the comeback.
    lowry is the starting point guard of the future, for what its worth, he is great at attacking the basket and hitting the 15-18 foot jumper.
    gotta load up for wednesday, gonna be a great game!

11. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

I was so pissed when he did that **** too!

Also, forgot to give Yao props for his 1 on 1 defense on Duncan. The Rockets played solid team D on Parker too. He shot around 33% and the Rockets made both Duncan and Parker earn their points for the most part. This definitely had the feel of a playoff game. Possible 2nd round matchup?

12. ross84

Hey Spurs thanks for SCOLAHAHAHAHAAA

13. Cbox

Cbox Member

The Rockets brewed the Spurs some Coke Scola.

14. StonesRunIt

StonesRunIt Member

KURT THOMAS HAS TO BE THE DIRTIEST PLAYER IN THE NBA

HE HOOKS

PUSHES

SHOVES

GRABS JERSEY

GRABS SHORTS

AND IT NEVER GETS CALLED

all fuggin game to boot.

15. rocketsmetalspd

All fans are the same no matter who they root for. Spurs fans are blaming everyone for the lost refs and players.

16. YallMean

YallMean Member

Yeah, but he is a pretty good post defender.

17. StonesRunIt

StonesRunIt Member

if i could get away with all that, I , at 5'10 would be a great NBA post defender.

18. rocketman1979

rocketman1979 Contributing Member

19. ross84

I'm trying to find a fansite that they have and thank them for scola.....any suggestions :D

20. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

Battier should get lot of credit.

Yes, Yao Ming made a couple very good passes and Scola finished them. But it was Shane who step up with a huge 3 pter on the one end of the game, and then fight for the ball and win the jump-ball at the other end. Without those two positions, we don't win this game.

1 person likes this.