1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carl Landry assaulted, shot in the leg (out 1-2 weeks)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by REEKO_HTOWN, Mar 17, 2009.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I dont think he actually got to the place, he was still around his home, but either way that Mcd's isnt the only or closest place really, it's near st joseph's going along 45 north, there's other places going towards 45 s or just crossing 45.

2. Rockets_Truth

Rockets_Truth Contributing Member

Yeah, thats the first thing that went through my mind when I read that. I wouldnt have left the girl oalone and ran off like that, but anyway.... :confused:

3. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

i dont care who u are. if u get shot in the leg and still outrun your attackers and hop over fences. u are a BAMF. Carl Landry is the toughest man alive.

4. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

Unfortunately in this world, opening the door should automatically be a big as hell no. Especially if the man on the other side of the peep hole is 6'9"

5. azjw

azjw Member

This is crazy stuff. Hope it's only a random act. If not, the trouble could be bigger and deeper.

Anyway,wish Carl could get well soon, both physically and mentally.
    Thank heaven we have strict gun control here in Shanghai.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

they take a lot of naps, they cant really get 8 hours straight of sleep during the season because they're actitivities can be at any time of the day, so it's not a 9-5 thing. Sometimes they can leave a game by 10 and be home by 1030, other times like these the plane is back late and they'll be home by 1 am. Then practice can be early the next day. So they often get a few hours in at a time, not because they want to but because that's all they can get.

7. EbolaScola

EbolaScola Member

Amidst all the chaos, Carl was able to un-dislocate his own finger. Dude's a beast! :eek:

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

where you'd get they were hispanics???

9. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

The article posted on the previous page. Not racism.

10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

It looks that way. If this was "random" the guys wouldn't have bothered chasing him at all, they would've gotten the hell out of there after shooting.

Also they wouldn't have struck the car TWICE.

Also, Landry probably wouldn't have "run for help" and "left a woman" there otherwise.

Its all a lot more fishy than some of us realize, I think.

11. redao

redao Member

Is it possible that one of the robbers get on the clutchfans after they found out they just shot Landry?

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

As much as you'd like to prove that wrong... it came straight from the horse's mouth.

I hope those thug-life wannabes get exactly what's coming to them.

13. potato head

potato head Member

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6316071.html

"Landry described the attackers as Hispanic men in their early to mid-20s, about 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighing 150 to 160 pounds. They had short black hair and wore all-black clothing, he said."

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6316071.html

"Landry described the attackers as Hispanic men in their early to mid-20s, about 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighing 150 to 160 pounds. They had short black hair and wore all-black clothing, he said."

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

16. potato head

potato head Member

haha sorry. still working on improving my boarding skills.

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

These guys are idiots. I hope they get back spasms.

18. Shaunjon

Shaunjon Member

I wonder if the girl he was with had anything to do with it or if it was just a freak accident. Stay away from the dirty girls Carl

19. fogo11606

fogo11606 Member

How do you know that Criminal don't purchase their gun from local gun store? They probably all do because it's so easy to buy guns. If the law were enforced strictly it will be alot harder for Criminal to smuggle a large amount of gun into the U.S.

I rather be rob by a knife then a gun btw.

Explain to me how did the Virginia Tech case happen and why is Japan safer than the U.S? Is it because of gun ban?

That's just how I feel about guns. Back when I was in High School my friend got into a argument with another student and the next day that person brought his brother with him (who possesses a gun) and just shot my friend in the chest. What could I have done? Revenge? no.. obviously not there's no point in taking a persons life to replace another. Just frustrated you can say.

All that being said , GET WELL LANDRY hope this does not happen to any one ever again.

20. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

I kinda figured there was more to the story. In the morning everybody was thinking Landry got rear ended, walked out to check his car and then the pass drove by shooting at him, that just didnt make no sense to mo.... Turns out there is alot more to the story.........