1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao played like the MVP tonight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mozart123, Feb 26, 2009.

1. yao.zhao

yao.zhao Member

Fronting D is a disgrace to strong team,haha! Maybe Cav regards themselves as champion.
    :cool:

2. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

What the F*** is that supposed to mean? You're either: A) a f***ing r****d.. or B) jealous because some "korean kid" made u feel stupid growing up.

3. Im Just Sayin

Im Just Sayin Member

Yeah he was real big tonight. Good for Yao

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I loved Yao's toughness tonight. He was clogging the lane and using his body really well, going up strong in the paint... no pansy ass finger rolls. He did try to take another damn charge for some reason but overall he was a force in the paint defensively, knocking people around like he should be doing. He got a nice rhythm going on offense too, great game tonight.

5. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I do want to see Yao win the MVP, this year.

Hopefully, it is the Finals MVP. :D

6. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

Only way Yao wings MVP is if we go the rest of the season with fewer than 5 losses and he's putting up 27/12/3. He didn't start the season strong.

Excited to watch the Rockets again. But I fear we still need a bit more options on offense. We are depending on Ron Artest and rookies to put in 50 points a night.

Yao + Scola + Brooks = 50 ish, imo

7. nhr407

nhr407 Member

Calm down, man. Yes, Yao played like the MVP tonight, but this huge victory belongs to the team. Everyone in the lineup played well.
    I love ROCKET!

8. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

yao played like an MVP tonight indeed.

can he do that everynight? he's shown flashes, but he needs to do this consistently if we're going to another level.

9. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I agree with you. Tonight, it was Yao's best game of the season. He played HARD. He made sure he had the strong finish.

For example, he didn't let LeBron block his dunk attempt, he dunked it on LeBron with the foul. That is what I have been missing in Yao's game.

Hopefully he will pick it up for longer.

10. sofar

sofar Member

The Cavs defended so well, especially the first half.

But damn it we are so ****ing gooooooooooood! :cool:

11. azjw

azjw Member

One amazing element in Yao's character is that he never gets cocky after a stellar performance like some other stars do. Always team-first. That's what I like about him, not the so-called MVP stats.

Yao/Ron/Bat/Sco is such a nice core like an F-4 (Fabulous 4). Rox management pls don't tear it up.

12. JujuxG

JujuxG Member

great job by the team tonight, and the block and dunk on james was :cool:

13. scalper

scalper Member

^ YAO/ROX HATER!!!

14. scalper

scalper Member

Yao played great.. but his teem played just as well..

I think Yao would rather look at it that way... and take a team won Champoinship over a MVP any day