1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 93, Cavaliers 74

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 26, 2009.

Tags:
  1. OpportunityCost

REFEREE: Yao you traveled. Just like your mom used to travel when she played.

YAO: My momma??? My momma???? Oh hell nahh!!!!! It's on now!!!!!!

2. CarlLandry14

CarlLandry14 Member

Gotta be pleased with last night's RIDICULOUS beat down of the LeBron's. Yao completely dominated the paint, and when he shoved LeBron's dunk back in his face and Vanilla Wafer came down and punch him in the mouth with that 3-ball.....TOYOTA CENTER WENT BONKERS!!!! LeBron pretended like his foot hurt after that and the coach took him out because he was so embarrassed!!!! It was awesome. Complete domination throughout! Lowry played really well! Scola did his usual. Artest was unbelieveable on some shots. Played great D. Shane played his usual lockdown Defense. T-Whack didn't show his face. He was probably weeping from his home because he now realizes THE ROCKETS DON'T NEED HIM! Awesome, Awesome game. Great Day for Rockets Fans!!!!

3. OpportunityCost

Hey I heard the creators of America's Dumbest Criminals are creating a spinoff

America's Dumbest Sport's Analysts featuring Kenny Smith and Charles Barkley

4. Mooch

Mooch Member

can any 1 tell me how many layup/dunks yao had last night out of the 13 fg he made?

5. ibm

ibm Member

3 dunks, 2 layups, 2 ft's. so that leaves 8 jumpers or hooks.

just off the top of my head.

6. ericmark

ericmark Member

Sorry I was not in the stadium. Can anyone tell me if Yao really fouled Valejo at that offense foul called by a female ref? Yao seemed to be so innocent ever!

7. ibm

ibm Member

varejao's ugly face hit yao's elbow... lol.

it's technically a right call. but many times it's not called since it's totally incidental.

8. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

so happy it was on national tv. i miss fshouston channel :(. other than that <3myrockets!!!!

9. ericmark

ericmark Member

Thanks, man.

10. Electro

Electro Member

I'm sure it's somewhere in this thread but is there anyway for me to watch or download this game so i can see it???

11. motionsiknes

motionsiknes Member

Have we played Kobe with both Bat-man and I-Ronman in the game?

If I remember correctly, our first meeting with the lakers, Artest was in but Battier wasn't and in our second meeting, Battier was in and Artest was injured.

So I'm assuming our March meeting with Kobe will be the first time we have both defenders in a game against Kobe. Should be a very good game...

12. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

I want a poster of this..lol

13. azjw

azjw Member

14. azjw

azjw Member

What a win last night! The team has been rehabililtated and, even more so, tranformed.

But that is far from the end of the long march in a 82game+playoff season. They should keep the spirit high and march on towards a high seeding come late April.

Some of the positives they need to continue on the offensive end:
    1. Yao should not dribble too much when he gets the ball in good position. Just catch and shoot,or maybe only add a few bumps or pumps between the 'catch' and the 'shoot. No more than 1 dribble Pls! Last night's game is illustrative.
    2. Our PGs have enough capabiliy to drive and dish,thus set Yao and the whole team up for a good shot. Keep driving and don't settle for out side shot too much. Lowry is having a good impact on the team and Brooks should follow.
    3. Keep feeding Scola! Guy is amazingly efficient and smart. He's a good low-post scorer with good handle, sweet foot work and nice passing/court vision. He's the perfect partner to Yao.

We are only six games into the post-mac era. If they keep going in the right direction,I wouldn't be too worried about their scoring ability in the playoffs.
    Concern on Defensive end? Who's gonna worry about that when this group of Solidarity step onto court. :)

15. Electro

Electro Member

16. dingaaa

dingaaa Member

we must focus on our TO's

17. HKC

HKC Member