1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

GoalLineBlitz - The Football Browser Game

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by LikeMike, Feb 19, 2009.

Tags:
  1. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Hey guys,

some time ago I found this football browser game and got hooked.

In the game you create your own players and level them up by training and the experience you get in games. Each player has 14 attributes and some special ones, depending on which position you play. You can either play for cpu owned teams (you should only do this in the lower levels) or for a team owned by another player or even yourself. The game is pretty deep, players can take the role of offensive and defensive coordinators and create a pretty deep game plan. The engine than calculates the outcome of the game very realistic.

The game doesn`t have to cost you anything. To create players (100-300 fp) or buy a team (400-1000fp) you have to spend flex points. At the beginning you get 400 flex points free. In the middle of the season you get another 100-200 fp and at the end you get another 100-200 fp. You can also spend flex points to level your player up faster, but you don`t have to. So far I haven`t spend a single buck on this game and don`t feel like I´m missing out on something.

Of course there is another way to get flex points and that is by telling others about the game... that`s what I´m doing right now. If you are interested in trying it out I would appreciate it if you could use this link:

http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=13001352

to sign up. You don`t have to pay anything and you can delete your account if you don`t enjoy it.

Even if you don`t use my link you should try it out... I think its a great game!

Mike

2. paikj83

paikj83 Contributing Member

what's your username in the game?

3. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

EDIT : Nevermind.

4. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

been playing it for a while...it is pretty fun...

5. LikeMike

My username is LikeMike.

Naw, I don`t get paid. If you decide to create an account and try the game out using my link to get there I get 50fp. With that I can create new players.

6. paikj83

same here. trying to rebuild my team. my username is paikj. drop me a PM sometime.

7. Fatty FatBastard

I've been playing for a while. I don't think I really "get" these games, but I just check on it once a day and train the players.

My username is jrassi, but most will figure that out by my players' names.

8. LikeMike

It´s not really that hard to get... or do you mean you don`t understand what`s so fun about it?

One thing I would really suggest people is to go to the forums and read a guide about building your player. And just take a look around, there are a lot of interesting things you can learn there.

And of course, if anyone feels lost you can just pm me ingame (LikeMike). Perhaps I can even hook you up with a good team.

9. LikeMike

Just a quick reminder: the regular season starts today! If you`re new to the game you`ll want to check in today, adjust your tactics and see how you start the season!

It will be my fist season as an offensive coordinator, so I´m really excited... I´ve been tweaking on the gameplan for a while now, hope it all works out in the end!

10. Beck

Beck Contributing Member

I think its pretty fun. I haven't gotten involved enough to be a coordinator for any of my teams, but I do like to follow my guys and tweak their builds to make them most effective.

How many players do you guys have? I have 3, and have retired probably others (I think).

11. Fatty FatBastard

12. paikj83

I see you've got points put into offensive abilities for your FB. If you do plan on having him used as a ball carrier, I would focus on your speed and agility for the next few levels. Not sure how the competition is in your league, but in the two leagues I've been at, he would get swallowed up in no time.

Similarly for your DE, I would focus on agility. This will help him get around the O-line.

At some point, you'll want to start getting points into vision and confidence for both guys. And until you get all your physical attributes up to a good level, I would stop putting points into special abilities.

13. Beck

Beck Contributing Member

Once I got my DTs vision to the 2:1 cap (about 48), he got off of the line a lot quicker. I would think for a DE, once vision is at 48, your speed/agility would be a much bigger weapon.

14. Beck

Beck Contributing Member

Level 46 LB:
    Physical Attributes Football Skills

Strength:56.68Blocking:20.45
    Speed:79.22Tackling:58.9
    Agility:67.75Throwing:9
    Jumping:43.02Catching:36.24
    Stamina:48.7Carrying:9
    Vision:61.37Kicking:7
    Confidence:41.1Punting:7

I also have my VAs in agility and speed so you can add about 7.5 to each of those. Not sure what else to do. He's pretty good, and gets about 5-6 tackles a game, and tons of passes defensed, but hardly any INTs.

15. LikeMike

I agree with Beck... a lot of people tend to not put any points in vision and confidence and both attributes are really important for players of all positions!

If anyone is interested I can write up a little Beginners Guide later, with some tips and advice for new players.

16. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

I've been playing for a while now. Originally had a RB, FS, and CB, but I retired the FS and CB a couple seasons ago. Now I have 2 badass RBs.

17. IVFL

IVFL Member

I love this game, I currently have a team that I have been building up. It really has been more fun than I originally expected it to be. Here is my team, I am the owner and most my guys are on it.

http://goallineblitz.com/game/team.pl?team_id=3059

18. LikeMike

Ok, here are some beginners tipps from me:

1. When you create a player reroll your attributes until the ones that your player doesn`t use at all (e.g. a DE will never pass or kick the ball etc.) are 8, or at least not higher than 9.

2. As a new player you can either sign on a human controlled PeeWee team (team with only level 1 players) or a CPU controlled team. Check the team out before you sign and see how many players they already have for your position.

3. Buy equipment only for your most important attribute. Later in the game that will make a huge difference.

4. Close your build so that only teammates can view it.

5. Don`t spend your skillpoints (you get 15 at the start and 5 more with each new level) at the beginning. Get your attributes up with training and only use them, when you can softcap your most important attribute (1. softcap is at level 48). After that you should probably do the same with your second most important attribute.

6. If you are on a human controlled team read in the teams forum and adjust your tactics to the way your OC intends.

7. Watch gamefilm of your big plays and bad plays.

8. Read in the forums and ask questions you have.

9. When you want to sign with a human team, money isn`t really important. Take the minimum. It will be enough for your training, and every decent team will pay for your equipment upgrades. But talk to the owner and see if he is committed to his team and is someone you can trust.

10. Know which direction you want to go with a player before you create him. Look on the forums which attributes are important and look at other successful player builds.

So, that should be enough for now. Maybe I´ll post a little build guide tomorrow.

Mike

19. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

I just registered....I am Mister Oiler :D

20. LikeMike

Then I wish your QB Strongarm good luck ;-). If you have any questions feel free to pm me ingame!

I just won my first game as OC... it`s really a lot of fun to just scout the other team and tweak the gameplan, and then see it all work out in the end. I still have to work out some little things but overall I´m really happy with the way it went.

Is anyone interested in a little build guide?