1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 93, Mavericks 86

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

RON ARTEST IS THERE :D

2. code_red

code_red Member

I'm not a Yao hater, but he made 6 TOs. He was just careless many times. Maybe its the season fatigue or whatever - he didn't look sharp out there when he was double teamed.

3. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Perhaps it's tough love :)

4. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

I wish Hubie commentated every game I watched, he was dead on about how Yao needs more touches.

5. Tornadoofsoul6

I would like to believe that he was tired since he played 39 minutes this game.

Also this win was HUGE:
    1. Denver lost
    2. Hawks are leading the Blazers
    3. Lakers are probably going to win against New Orleans
    4. Move Dallas down a game

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Denver lost, Portland having trouble with the Hawks thus far...if Hornets lose to the Lakeshow (should be a win for the Lakers) a lot of ground can be made up tonight.

7. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

Damn, you're right.

Rick: 'There could only be two 'RA's on this team. Damned if I didn't try to trade both of them'!

8. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Amazingly the Thunder are within 6 of the Suns. A Suns loss would really help ....

9. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

Amazing turn of events in this game. At first I thought the refs had it totally out for the Rockets.

Way to shut down Dirk. You know you have a chance when Bass and Barrea are their offense. Stackhouse a non-factor. Jason Terry in streetclothes! And did Josh Howard stop progressing, or what? He's like half the player he used to be.

All without Landry.

They have to play Brooks for the drive, so he's going to have open looks at 3's quite often.

Yao had a solid game despite not being sharp. Battier is starting to look like last year's player. ARtest was solid and clutch. Scola solid.

No one stood out too much, so this is a good team win.

10. jkckwong

jkckwong Member

No, TMac is on the way to surgery. He won't come back in 2009. And also, he's no longer Rox best player.

11. huliang

huliang Member

Good win. great

12. earth

earth Rookie

he is ***, not ROF.

13. scalper

scalper Member

agreed

but then...

Yao is a slow and clumsey oaf.... if he shows hard everytime... the guards will just fake a shot and go for the paint...

why cant our guards fight to get under or over the pick...

like I see guards on other teams do...

its almost like our guys give half effort.... because they figure the guard is gonna have to shoot over a 7'6 center....

14. Rudyball

Rudyball Contributing Member

that was one fun game to watch. So much movement, Yao is getting really aggressive, Artest was a stud, and Brooks jsut loosened up and took over the game in the end. If they pull this out every game, the effort and passion, it is going to be a wild ride to the end. And Landry didn't even play!!!

didn't see Cook in the game, though :confused: :rolleyes:

15. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Agreed. TSlack almost ruined the season for us. Now at least we have a chance.

16. Francis3mvp

Francis3mvp Member

anybody that has watched Rockets games all year and says we still need T-mac back needs to pass around whatever they are smoking. This is a totally different team without T-mac. Offense flows better cause Yao gets his touches, and defense isn't 5 on 4, without T-mac getting ran around. Record with and without T-mac speaks for itself.

17. guokees

guokees Member

Yao really played hard on rebound.
    Artest finally made the 2 points to extend the lead to 5 when both sides could not score.That saved us.

18. huliang

huliang Member

RON ARTEST defense
    first Nowitzki
    last Howard

19. smallpotato

smallpotato Member

Then do you know that he had played nearly 40 minutes?
    I dont know Why RA played him on the court for so long! :mad:

20. waihh

waihh Contributing Member

I love this win. The passion and determination is what this team has been lacking, and is what's definitely required for a deep playoff run. Though his defense on Barea was way off, Brooks still had a great showing which showed why the organization had the confidence to trade Rafer and let him to start. I would like the organization to continue giving Brooks the right to shoot. I do not see why Brooks can not be another Tony Parker.

That being said, the head-cut-off breaks need to be corrected. Both Yao and Artest need special plays designed and called. Especially for Yao. If the Rockets are going to built around Yao, they must design defensive plays to cover his shortcomings. And on the offensive end, Adelman needs to be more persistent in passing Yao the ball. If Yao is playing at this pace like tonight, he won't last long.