1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is there any hope for this team? Who can fix them?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pipesir, Dec 30, 2008.

Tags:
  1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i agree that they need to improve! :D i'm just not ready to trade all the players and fire the coach at 20-12.

2. azjw

azjw Member

If you read carefully,dude,I was talking exactly about one game. Did I use the tense properly? ;)

Nevertheless, how many times in the young season have we witnessed this kind of 'one-game-only' scenario. I only hope, by the end of the season,the team could somewhat prove that these sore losses had been delusive.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

LOL - well we agree there, I am not ready to do that either.

But I am ready to hold them accountable for their effort, if Tmac continues to play lazy, bench him and put in Wafer....same for any of the players.

Something has to be done, and I agree it is not blowing up the team....but you might as well start with playing guys who want to compete and benching those that don't.

DD

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It won't fix everything. AB should get more minutes, but he will have ups and downs and Rafer will still get the remaining minutes. That PG combo isn't good enough.

5. azjw

azjw Member

I think Adleman's weakness as a head coach,compare with Popovich or Jackson is that he's not as good in molding a team with clear leadership and character. This recent Tmac drama has been a good example.

Something has to be done, for sure. But I doubt that 'something' is as simple as benching lazy stars.

6. battousai

battousai Member

we need to make some trades to save this season.

Tmac is not and never be 100%
    artest is hurt and so is battier, that's our two best defenders.
    Yao is "healthy", but I am so scared to speculate as he is certainly not playing his 100%.

With Tmac's news, I don't know if he got any value left anymore.

I know we are all thinking about cruising thru the reg season and then we can explode in the playoffs. However, what about our mental readiness? our health hopefully will be in shape for the playoffs, but our players will be so laxed that they got no hearts left in them.

sure our big 3 maybe ready and be on fire, but what about the rest? they will be so used to being laxed and comes playoff they will fall.

we need a better coaching staff. some of late game decisions made by adelman are questionable and shaky.

7. DaDakota

But that is not the coaches fault, the players have to be able to lead.

The Spurs have 3 leaders, Duncan, Parker and Manu are all capable leaders...and compliment each other well.

The Lakers have one in Kobe and a support one in Fisher.

The Rockets have none, zero, zilch...no leaders...it should be Yao, but he has defered, and Tmac is just not capable....Ron is too crazy.

Sometimes the chemistry is just not right....

DD

8. azjw

azjw Member

As far as THIS season is concerned, I don't think starting Brooks would fix everything. His impact wouldn't be big enough to outweigh the problems among our stars. I still think Tracy is the key to any success this team might achieve. If the rockets can't fix the Tracy syndrome, they are not gonna go anywhere. It is that serious.

I haven't quit on this guy yet,though. Still hope something happens that can become some kind of a magic prescription

9. azjw

azjw Member

You pulled my worry out of my mouth, DD. That's why I can only hope. Hope RA or Morey could pull something up their sleeves. :eek:

10. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

first off what do you constitute as will? just because we dont have guys pounding their chest after every play doesn't mean they don't care. We have Artest and Battier, two guys who never take a play off. this team has as much will as any other team in the NBA.

11. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Bottomline is, our team is underachieving, and it's now time to play up to our talent level.

I was just watching Rick Adelman's Portland Days, and boy was he a good first half coach. Though watching the finals, despite leading against the bulls for the first three quarters, he could not create any offense or make stops in the fourth, which led to their lost.

Though Jordan caught fire in the fourth, but from the classic games I watched It really does seem like RA is not a fourth quarter coach.

12. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

DD You do know what you are talking about!!!
    I agree!!
    It is going to need someone like Les and Morey to shake up Coach Adelman, as he is too easy going! :p

13. azjw

azjw Member

First thing pops up,may be shaking up the PG position might work. I mean get rid of Alston instead of just starting Brooks. Starting from this season, whenever I see Alston and Tracy together, I have an uneasy feeling. Both our O&D start from this duel engine, but I feel it's running out of fuel (passsion & creativity).

14. DaDakota

Yetti,

Understanding the game of basketball is not that hard, but understanding how important chemistry and heirachy is seems to be more difficult.

This team needs a shake up at it's core...you can not bench Yao or Tmac, and Scola and Battier are ok as starters...that leaves one guy....one.....Rafer.

If Tmac is healthy, Rafer is an ok option, but he isn't....and therefore we need a quick penetrating player to take advantage of the attention that Yao and Tmac are getting...and that is not Rafer, but it is Brooks.

Brooks while not a CP3 level player, is the kind of player that makes the Rockets better as a team, because he fits better with the current version of Yao and Tmac...it is really that simple.

Brooks is a better player with the circumstances as they are......time for Morey to force Adelman to make the change, if he has any balls....because the numbers show that Brooks is better across the board.

DD

15. WNBA

WNBA Member

rebuild the team.

16. DaDakota

If they fail this year, I concur...blow it up.

DD

17. azjw

azjw Member

Brooks Is better than Alson as of now. But not that good to change the locker-room. They need a brand-new PG combo to stimulate Tmac and break out of this gloomy cloud.

I don't understand the over-rating of rafer by Adleman. Maybe as a 'player's coach' Adleman is just unwilling to touch the old gang?

18. WNBA

WNBA Member

Rafer is the biggest mystery in NBA.
    He is a bigger curse on TMAC then Juwan.

Face it, Rafer will be a starting PG here forever.

19. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

I don't think so DD. Still want to see him coming off the bench with Artest, Landry and Barry.

20. azjw

azjw Member

Rafer has been making his share of contribution to the team. And he may also have a role in helping Brooks grow. But I feel that he may not have the best influence on the team chemistry wise, given the Tmac situation.

It's been just so frustrating to watch the team playing in the past few games. They respond to other teams surges,yes. But only respond. They rarely took initiative. Like some kind of female organ, they only respond to opponents actions and can't establish their own authority. (nothing against women though,I love women :) ) Just wanna see some fire from our backcourt.