1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[UFC 92] Griffin v. Evans

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by farrisdabis, Dec 27, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Was at the Rox game. Anywhere where I can watch it now? Actually, maybe a little bit later.

I'm not suave at the google.
    i'm just lazy.

2. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

This just in. Evans is a BEAST! Wow! :eek:

3. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

can anyone beat evans? jeez

4. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Yes.. I can.

5. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Don't go to Hooters. I went to 2 of them and they were PACKED SRO.

6. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

Rashad Evans impressed me so much. He looks so complete; I wonder how anyone will be able to beat him. Mir also impressed me. Minotauro really let me down, I was expecting me to come out and take command. And finally, Rampage is back! I was so excited when I saw that knockout. Great card overall.

7. Asian Sensation

Evans vs Rampage next. Should be another great title match.

I still cant wait for January's card with BJ Penn vs GSP the Ninja. Gonna be siiiiiiiiiick!

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I hated that Griffin lost. I like that guy - he really has no fighting style other than to go out and leave it all in the octagon. I still don't know how the hell Rashad keeps winning. In many of his fights he looks gassed out by the end of the 1st or 2nd round.

I hope that Mir beats Lesnar, but last fight it took a blunder on Lesnar's part to save Mir's life and get him the win.

I like Jackson, too, but his mental issues make me wonder how long he'll last at the top before he flips again.

This was a pretty good card. I would've lost a lot had I bet because I thought Griffin, Nog, and Wandy would've won. :confused:

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I hope to God that Penn is doing some conditioning training - I don't want to see him beating the crap out of people for 1-2 rounds and then gas out by the 3rd and lose. I really want this guy to beat GSP and live up to his Prodigy moniker.

10. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

Mir just has a very complete game that I don't think Lesnar can contend with; unless Mir slips and Lesnar hammer-fists the **** out of him. Lesnar can't master BJJ in 2 years of training.

11. Asian Sensation

Lesnar is a beast and he's a force to be reckoned with. He will be champ for a long long time. Mir is a pretty big guy but Brock made him look like a toy and he man handled him the last bout. Lesnar may not be able to master BJJ but the guys a world class wrestler and his stand up game is second to none. He's got enough training/defense under his belt to dominate Mir this 2nd time around.

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I watched that first fight and what I saw was Mir luckily winning. The skill, speed, and strength of Lesnar is freakish and he's got a jackhammer of a fist. Lesnar can only get better, too, which is scary.

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Why does Mir look like such a fat ass in some pics and ripped in others -- does his weight really flux that much ?

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Depends on when the pics were taken. After the wreck he was in, he had all kinds of weight problems. The guy basically had his knee trashed and I think his leg was broken after the wreck. Then he came back and had no cardio and got beat and made a bad showing in a fight after getting beat. I don't think he was mentally was back into fighting at that point (I guess that could happen after getting hit by a car while riding a motorcycle).

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Ahh ok, if Mir is in top condition he looks like a legitimate heavy weight champion -- Mir/ Lesnar will be good.

16. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

Don't get me wrong, I love Lesnar. He really is a force but I unless he gets a huge shot in I see Mir finishing the fight the same way the last one ended.

17. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Man, will you get off Lesnar's jock already? Aren't you the same guy who said Lesnar would wreck Fedor? :rolleyes: Let me get some of what you're smoking.

18. Asian Sensation

So I'm on Lesnar's jock because I think he's the best UFC heavyweight fighter in a long time? And for the record if anyone were to have a legit shot at beating Fedor it would have to be Brock.