1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Any JFK Conspiracy Theorists on Here?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Chuck 4, Dec 8, 2008.

Tags:
  1. gunn

gunn Contributing Member

I'd certainly believe a firsthand account of someone that knew of his shooting ability moreso.

2. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Those are firsthand accounts. He shot at a target, then they scored him.

3. gunn

gunn Contributing Member

Maybe...

4. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

...and your opinion is fluid and open to the evidence?

Here is another good source of facts and documentation:

http://www.archives.gov/research/jfk/

5. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Very few of the remaining records are sealed.

http://www.archives.gov/research/jfk/faqs.html#sealed

Unless you're talking about those "secret" documents that only the conspiracy theorists have access to...

6. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Posner's Case Closed is also essential reading.

7. tulexan

tulexan Member

Obviously he is talking about the super secret JFK assassination documents that are locked in the Roswell UFO's glove compartment that's sitting in one of the four hijacked 9/11 jets at Area 51.

8. Summer Song Giver

Elvis and 2PAC, nowhere to be found?

Oswald was a nutjob who acted alone.

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

the people I know who are convinced this was a conspiracy have so much fun with it, they'd refuse to read Posner's book.

10. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

The problem with those Tv specials "proving" it was a lone assassin is that they know that most of America believes everything it sees on television or read on the internet. True, it can go both ways with conspiracy believers or non-believers. To me, there is just too many "coincidences" surrounding this thing. All these mysterious heart attacks, suicides & single car accidents to anyone who had any kind of possible damning evidence. LBJ ordering the presidential limosine stripped and cleaned immediately. Certain witnesses not called to testify to The Warren Commission. The numerous witnesses who said the shots came from the Knoll. Oswald being able to defect to Russia and willing to share US Intelligence secrets, then he is allowed to just waltz on back to america with no problems. The multiple Oswalds. The three tramps. The 14 minute recording of the conversation between LBJ & J. Edgar Hoover that was erased "accidentally." All the doctors that confirm the autopsy photos were faked (and to the person who said that an exit wound can be different when shot that close, then why bother to fake the photos?).

I could go on and on. I am not criticizing your decision to believe what The Warren Commission told you. It really is a personal decision to believe or not. But I dont think those of us that do believe in a cover-up should be labeled as Conspiracy Nuts. I dont consider myself a Conspiracy Theorist, as I dont believe most of the ones I hear. I dont believe that 9/11 was an inside job. I dont believe that The Free Masons conspired to kill Abraham Lincoln or any of the other really popular ones. But I do believe in the JFK one completely. Just too much there for me not to.

Just my 2 cents. :)

11. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Read Case Closed. He covers just about everything you mentioned.

12. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Anybody read Bugliosi's huge mega-book? It's a great read for a buff.

The rifle was actually ordered for only 12 bucks, I believe.

The angle of Elm street is something like 3 or 4 degrees. This angle made it to where, as Kennedy moved away, Oswald essentially didn't even have to move his rifle to get the head shot that he got.

Oswald tested as a sharpshooter twice in the Marines.

He very often sighted in guns. Some evidence even says he sighted in guns on the banks of the Trinity River.

Oswald would have been arrested before the assassination had it not been for a small piece of wood on a window. He took a shot at General Edwin Walker (a staunch right-winger who was pro-segregation....Oswald was actually pretty liberal...a marxist and hated the entire right wing), in April of 1963 as Walker was alone at home. He would have hit him, but his bullet was deflected by a piece of wood in the window, and missed Walker by inches. Oswald left thinking he had shot Walker, only to read the headlines the next day and realize he had missed. His wife Marina was the one that vouched for this story, and she became a conspiracy theorist herself.

I would love to go to the museum.

13. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Sorry for bringing up an old thread -- but how does one explain the following:

1) Umbrella man -- On a sunny November day, this man has an umbrella open, pumps it twice after the first 2 shots, sits down on the curb as everyone else is ducking for cover and running, and then of course is standing right next to the car in the kill zone area. To me, this man is obviously giving signals to a shooter that JFK was not dead yet. His positioning and odd actions suggest this. The man was not a subject of any investigation, nor was the dark complected man who raised his hand as the car went by and had a similar reaction to Umbrella Man after the 3rd shot.

2) Babushka Lady -- Standing south of Elm Street and apparently filming -- never identified herself or came forward (despite the fraud that came forward but was lying)... We never saw her film or her photos. Dressed very oddly, with a raincoat and a babushka. Walked away eastbound on Elm during the pandemonium after a brief visit to the grassy knoll. Again, her positioning was very close to the kill zone and she could have been another 'marker' for shooters -- similar to Umbrella Man and Dark Complected Man.

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

My govt teacher in hs was really into this. He gave us a seminar. It was amazing and I was convinced immediately that Oswald was not the shooter.

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Absolutely.

Oswald alone, impossible.

16. Convictedstupid

Man TJ.. I was literally just about to bring up the man with the black umbrella.

17. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

It was not a Sunny day. It was overcast and was supposed to be raining. They wanted to put the bulletproof hood on the car, but JFK turned them down, saying that he wanted a more intimate feel. He wanted to try and gain more votes.

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It was 66 degrees, and Sunny.
    [​IMG]
    This is not overcast...
    [​IMG]
    :)

Does anyone explain the windshield?

"An alternate theory concerning the wound in JFK's throat is that it was indeed, as small as it looked, a bullet entry wound, and that the bullet came from the South Knoll area across Commerce and Main Streets, fired through the windshield to hit Kennedy. Shooters from behind, from the Grassy Knoll (to JFK's right front), and from the South Knoll area would have been true triangulation of gunfire, and we know from Altgens photo 7 and from a Secret Service photograph that there was damage from a bullet or fragment in the death car's windshield, just to the right of the rear-view mirror. (According to several eyewitnesses at Parkland Hospital, there was a hole through the windshield glass. According to the Warren Commission, the windshield, or at least the one brought to the hearings, was only cracked from the interior. Only days after the assassination the damaged windshield was replaced and the whole car refurbished, in what amounted to destruction of crime-scene evidence."

Cracked from the interior? Really? Hmmmm

#78 RudyTBag, Jun 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2009