1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Any JFK Conspiracy Theorists on Here?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Chuck 4, Dec 8, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

So you believe every single person in the FBI, CIA, SS, Warren Commission, etc. was in on it? Including RFK? All of these people, especially RFK would have had access to these files. RFK was the Attorney General, the top lawyer in the country. They hid the files from him? Everyone from the bottom up was in on it?

And we have never heard one deathbed confession?

2. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

E. Howard Hunt did.

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Been to the museum 3 or 4 times now. Always very surreal walking around the plaza. And it’s weird that the 6th floor window is always open. Very strange going up there and seeing those boxes stacked up by the actual window, etc. I thought they tore down that fence a few years ago.

I was obsessed with this back in college after the movie came out. The movie is very compelling even though it really wasn’t an accurate portrayal of the Clay Shaw trial.

I don’t believe Oswald acted alone just because I don’t think he could have had such a perfect shot from that distance. Especially since it was the 3rd shot, not the 1st. He had less time to aim and the President was further away than the 1st and 2nd shots. Also, why didn’t Oswald take the much easier shot when the motorcade was coming towards him on Houston instead of moving away from him on Elm?

I don’t claim to know who did it or why, but I just don’t think Oswald could have physically pulled it off like they say he did.

4. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Oswald was a Sharpshooter level rifleman. He had more than 8 seconds.

5. gunn

gunn Contributing Member

Says who?

6. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I tend to agree with just about everything you post, but Oswald had military training, and the furthest shot away was still 65 yards. Really not that far...I am quite capable of that with a slow moving vehicle as long as I have a scoped rifle.

There is no doubt, the easier shot is the frontal shot. It could have been though that he felt he would have given away his position more easily.

I feel he acted alone. An idiot with a then priced $65 rifle.

The one thing you can make a point on is the rifle Oswald used was poor quality and prone to jamming, but unfortunately not at that time.

7. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

He had plenty of training and rifles are more accurate than people think.

The shots were made at 50, 75 and 83m taken anywhere from 5 to 8 seconds apart. Modern hunting rifles can put 5 shots into a space smaller than .3 inches at those ranges. Older .milspec rifles like he had are only a little worse at about 1 inch group at that range. I have an old russian rifle that does better than that and it is likely since it was the early 60's that his rifle was unused so the barrel was in perfect shape.

the fact that he had a miss after being seen sighting in and training with that specific rifle tells how much in a hurry he was and he was not the best shot.

He was probably unaware he hit him on the first or second shot so he took the time to really squeeze a good one on the 3rd.

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I know, but I just wonder why he didn't take the MUCH EASIER head-shot on N. Houston instead of waiting for him to turn onto Elm.

9. fmullegun

might not have been ready, it is also possible he had second thoughts.

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I don't mean to be a conspiracy theorist type, but it's better than being a coincidence theorist.

Be careful about believing some of these specials. Corporations own the stations showing them. They're all too happy about keeping us believing the status quo.

I saw that one shot that "proved" the Magic Bullet was anything but. Well, OK, they did a decent job, but they had to rearrange the subjects (the targets) and the angle of the shot at least several times before they finally "proved" their point: Okay, that didn't work; let's try this; OK, that didn't work, let's try this; OK, that didn't work; until finally, See? It was no magic bullet.

Maybe that One Shot did exactly what they said it did, but the chances of the "lone nut" making that shot from where he did, when he did....

Do a google search for "The Wink" + LBJ. Do a search for, oh, what was his name? E. Howard Hunt?

Too many coincidences going on. Hell, none of the police interview notes with Oswald were ever saved; foliage was obscuring Oswald's so-called kill shot, the change of the motorcade route, etc.

11. fmullegun

65 yards was the farthest shot? Dude that is so freaking close for a rifle. Literally anyone here with 1 hour of training could do that shot with iron sights.

12. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

The U.S. Marines
    The Zapruder film was just over 8 seconds from first to last.

13. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

You sure?....I have seen some bad shooters at the local range :D

p.s. yeah whether it was 83 meters or 65 yards, that is quite close for a rifle with even a slow moving vehicle...

14. fmullegun

yeah I should qualify that as someone without hand tremors and pretty good, if even corrected vision.

15. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I just googled that "Wink" + LBJ thing and saw a picture that caused me to pause. No, it was not the wink, it was the way LBJ had his right hand up in the air. It made me remember an article I read after the Roger Clemens hearing...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3244344
    ALEXANDRIA, Va. -- The first verbal knife had yet to be thrown. Roger Clemens and Brian McNamee had yet to say a single word. And yet renowned body language expert Janine Driver already had jumped off her couch, paused the TiVo and pointed to her television with the excitement of someone who had just found a lost wedding ring.

"See that!?! See that!?!" Driver said. "Did you see the way Roger pulled his thumb in? That's a hot spot. That's a hot spot. That's a potential sign of deception!"

Driver first noticed the pitcher pull his right thumb into his hand while he was being sworn. She said that noted jury consultant Jo Ellen Demetrius, who helped pick the jury for the original O.J. Simpson trial, has a theory that whenever somebody sticks their thumb in while being sworn in, he or she will be a difficult witness.

"If you're going to tell the truth your thumb and your hand are open and relaxed," Driver said. "When you're controlling what you're going to say, your thumb might be tense. And Roger's thumb is tense."

I don't know why that article stuck in my head after all these months, but LBJ's thumb is pressed close to his palm, for what it's worth... :confused:

16. gunn

gunn Contributing Member

Really? They said that? Thats not shocking at all.... Without a firsthand account its hard to believe personally.

17. fmullegun

you believe hearsay over military records?

18. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

There is firsthand account. He was a Marine. His scorecards are out there. He was rated Sharpshooter.

19. Happy Mac

Happy Mac Member

just picked up the road to dallas at the library yesterday. looking forward to it.

two outstanding fictional accounts of the assasination (among other historical events/people from the 50s to late 60s) are american tabloid and the cold six thousand by james ellroy of la confidential fame.

20. gunn

gunn Contributing Member

Because everything that our government would lead us to believe is fact....