1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Thursday FB] Houston v. Alabama-Birmingham

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ryan17wagner, Oct 8, 2008.

1. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

Well, I wish the alums would go, but what can we do? The team wasn't exactly competitive for 15 years. That's 15 years of alumni who never cared about the foosball even when they went to school.

2. surrender

surrender Member

I'm an alum and I always sit in the student section... for the coeds :cool:

3. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

There was some high quality hot girls at the game last night, and I saw just a few on my way in the stadium. Those of you that are casual fans or recent grads or students you should come out its a blast and the team has a chance to do something special this year. The next home game isnt until the first week of November so you have time to arrange your schedules to make it out. The offense was sick once they got it rolling but it was the defense that turned the game around with their emotion in the 2nd half.

4. surrender

surrender Member

Also, there's a student bus trip being organized for the SMU game next week. I'm not sure if I'm going, but it's a cheap and fun way to get really involved in UH athletics. I went on the trip to New Orleans last year for Tulane, and it was well worth it!

5. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

I'm there, but I'm trucking it up there with some fellow UH alums.

6. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I know the facilities guys and they're understaffed. I hope they don't get into trouble.

7. Poloshirtbandit

:D

I'm slacking. Haven't been to any games this year yet. :(

8. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Great win and glad they came back...

I can't wait till next week...They'll be up here kicking some Dallas azz...I got tickets so I'll be there...

9. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

Coogs win, Horns win... Man, this weekend is turning out GREAT for sports.
    Now I just need an Eagles win and a loss for that star football team from dallas.
    I guess I wouldn't be upset if the Texans won too. But I'm not asking for the moon.

10. SeeingRocketRed

Got a link?

P.S. I was at the game, and it freaking rocked. If we had just blown out UAB, it would just be another COOG win, but the way they got inspired at halftime and went from 3-20 to 45-20 was incredible. 42-0 in the second half. We just have to get them to play "Everyday I'm Hustlin' " in the beginning of the game, and it's lights out for whoever we're playing. Also note: an army of wet coeds=good stuff.

11. DreamRoxCoogFan