1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Raptors lose...AGAIN...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by A-Train, Mar 8, 2002.

1. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

C'mon...Is Vince Carter REALLY injured, or is it one of those phantom injuries that marketing guys dream up to make a 13 game losing streak not seem as bad as it is? Personally, I think they just suck. Too much money spent on mediocre role players...

Come on, Raptors! Only three more losses and you can take the crown of "longest losing streak" this season!

2. Timing

Timing Member

They may suck right now but I watched the game last night and he definitely looked injured. He was hopping around the same way against Houston.

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

There goes our draft pick (maybe). Sigh.

4. BTM

BTM Member

Vince is hurting. He apparently could barely walk after the Houston game. He has no lift in his legs anymore after a quad injury as well.

They just don't want to play for Lenny Wilkens. If the Raptors fired him I guarantee they would turn it around. Apparently, they tuned him out long ago. Toronto needs a young coach with new ideas who will push the players to be their best. Lenny lost his touch a long time ago. He did it to the Hawks and now he's doing it to Toronto.

5. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I was thinking the same thing. None of us here should be hoping they get that 15 game losing streak. We need that damn draft pick from them!

6. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Oh yeah, I forgot about the draft pick in the Hakeem deal...can it be traded? We MIGHT be able to package that pick and our own for the #1 or #2 pick in the draft if we don't do that well in the lottery...

7. BTM

BTM Member

It's lottery protected. The Rockets don't own it or cannot do anything with it if Toronto misses the playoffs.

If Toronto loses to Miami tonight it is virtually assured they will miss the playoffs, meaning no pick this year for the Rocks.

Woulda been nice to have it this year. This year's draft is much deeper than next year's is shaping up to be.

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

We can still package it with our pick in trade, if we want to do that. The recipient will just have to wait till next year to use it.

Maybe we don't want it this year. Do you think that the Raptors are going up or down in the league? If they are forced to take a step back and rebuild, we might get an even better pick when the protection runs out.

9. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

I thought about this but realized a couple of things. 1) A Davis and Dream are not getting younger, 2) on talent, you know if they even got in the playoffs as a 7 or 8 seed they could advance. In short, I really can't imagine them giving up on the season yet.

Besides, I think they are only 1.5 games out of the 8th spot and 3.5 games out of the 5th spot. With 17 games left (more games for other teams), that isn't much. Plus, the other compitors for the last playoff spots have more games against WC teams. I have not given up hope at all in getting their pick this year. I do agree a win tonight versus Miami would be a nice way to slow their bleeding.

10. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

From Bskball.com:

03/07-LENNY GETS REPRIEVE- Last week we talked about the wheels on the Toronto Bus coming off and that part of the solution would not be the firing of Lenny Wilken's despite what the fans may be calling for on Sports radio. Raptors GM Glen Grunwald told media this week, that Lenny would be the coach for the remainder of the season, and possibly longer. "We're not going to make a change before the end of the year. Lenny is working diligently to get this thing turned around. I think you have to be realistic and look at the situation we're in. We were 28 and 21, and no one was saying he was doing a horrible job then." Sources close to the club say there is concern, but add the team is not ready to part ways with Lenny, and they surely do not want to make a snap judgment and 'eat another contract'.

-----------

Looks like Lenny's stay might be a bit longer.....then longer......then longer yet still.........why?:confused: