1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who was Barkley referring to?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Venture, Mar 7, 2002.

1. Venture

Venture Member

Last night on Inside the NBA, Charles Barkley was taking about his controversial comments in sports illustrated. He said he did the article becasue he was not afraid to speak his mind. But he also said that another NBA superstar refused to do a similar story (probably about race) because he feared taking heat. Anybody know who Sir Charles was referring to? He gave two hints:

It was not Michael Jordan
    He was a Top 5 basketball player in the world.

These set of hints lead me to believe it was either Vince Carter, Allen Iverson, or Kobe Bryant who refused to particapate in the SI feature story. Who do you think "chickened out"?

2. red

red Contributing Member

by your clues im guessing it was matt bullard.

3. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

I have no trouble believing it could be either Vince or Kobe.

4. knifejc

knifejc Member

Was Barkely talking about current top 5 NBA players????? Or someone in the past maybe someone like Magic. If i had my choice i would saw he was talking about Shaq

5. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

Wasn't Kobe's lack of respect of Shaq part of the problem in LA? Diesel had some veteran experiences to share with Kobe and Kobe wasn't trying to hear it.

Talk about dual airbags.

6. BTM

BTM Member

Gotta be Iverson. Vince and Kobe transcend race, just like Michael did.

Barkley is a fat cow who talks way too much for a guy who won NOTHING. That's why he hates on young players, because he knows they'll probably have rings by the end of their careers and he ain't ever gonna have one.

7. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

Sheesh! Even David Robinson won one! Sorry Barkley. :D

8. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

Sorry Venture, but I could've sworn he said a sport celebrity that is not Michael Jordan or Tiger Woods, so I don't think it's limited to NBA players.

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

He can't talk about race relations because he hasn't won an NBA championship? We better inform the folks in the Hangout; I don't there's a single championship ring among the lot of them!

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I figure it was probably KG

Rocket River
    he seems a bit image conscience