1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who needs Jayson, Tolbert is good

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Old School, Mar 3, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Old School

Old School Member

Tom Tolbert stepped in for Jayson Williams for NBC today. So far he's done a great job, imo.

os

2. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tolbert is pretty funny. He is well known on the Rome show for the "Dr. Beaudreaux" story. He seems to have perspective, too...can laugh at himself.

3. B

B Contributing Member

I usually don't watch too much of the pre-game show, but I agree that Tolbert seemed to do quite well when I watched. He seems to have a good grasp of the game and a sense of humor that I found enjoyable. I hope he sticks around for a while.

B

4. Francis3

Francis3 Member

LOL.. I thought it was Matt Geiger.

5. Houstone

Houstone Member

It was Matt Geiger's twin brother...

6. junglerules

junglerules Member

Tolbert is hilarious....yeah, very well known for his rome stories, as disturbing as they might be. :)

7. LEWIS LLOYD2

LEWIS LLOYD2 Member

Please Tolbert was the corn of the bunch. He was so stupid I felt like slapping his stupid face and his silly bald head man he has to go. His jokes were clogged like liquid plummer. I hate rashad jordans buttkisser, I hate that biased sixer fan Croche. Frateello is cool he was with those great hawks team from the 80's.

8. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

I was praying that Tolbert would one day get on the air. He is by far one of the best radio personalities in the bay area. His co-host is the most annoying guy in the world yet I tune in to hear what he has to say. NBC just plain sucks, I mean when I lived in Houston I thought Bill Walton was the biggest idiot in the world but when I moved to California, and actually listened to Walton doing the Clippers games I realized how stale NBC made their broadcasters act. I mean Walton is hillarious when he does Clippers games. Anyhow just my opinion.