1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Its ON US

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The_Yoyo, Apr 18, 2008.

1. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

ok before everyone says "not another one of these threads" i just wanted to say something in what could be my final post before leaving for the game tomorrow.

I know there was another thread saying its on the Rowdies and all but I say F- that.

It is on everyone attending the game. Not just the rowdies.

That means its on you, its on me, its on the person who will be sitting to the left, to the right, in front or behind of you at the game regardless of where you are sitting.

Everyone needs to be loud as possible the entire game, every play non stop. The rowdies will do their thing I have no doubt about that, but they are just one section in one part of the arena. I know there are plenty of people here who are going to the entire game that would pretty much cover the entire arena in all section whether it is nosebleeds or well into the lower bowl.

Every play, every call, every free throw. Non Stop. No letting down, heck if we are up by 20 with 3 minutes left still chant DEFENSE as loud as possible, if we are down 20 with 3 minutes left, still cheer every possesion as if it was the possession to give the rockets the lead. If WE dont quit on every play the players wont quit on every play. WE need to the bring the energy all night long. It doesnt take much to start a mob mentality from what I seen in the past. Just get started on it, stand up yell encourage everyone around you to do the same, who cares if they are strangers to you outside of the Toyota Center, inside we are all FAMILY.

Even if they dont join in right away dont get discourage keep going at it, you will get others to join in. Every CF member here should take on the personal responsibility to make sure the section they are sitting in is the loudest section at the game. If we all do are parts to do this we are going to get into the heads of the jazz and more important inspire our players to go that extra effort.

If it helps pretend that the entire game there is someone trying to throw free stuff towards you, thats how loud you need to be.

Dont worry about losing your voice you got all day sunday to get it back to lose it again on Monday night. If someone complains you are being to loud, you complain to the ushers that they are being too quiet. This is the playoffs, THE PLAYOFFS.

I am getting tired of this "look at utah their fans are soo loud, look at GS their fans" WE control that loudness. I dont care if the suits in the lower bowl try to sip their wine and eat their cheese and crackers and be quiet. Everyone can be loud enough to cover for that and like i said i know there are CF guys down there, to hold the fort and get those people involved.

Dont say you're too shy and get embarrassed you dont see the fans out in GS, and Utah saying that so you shouldn't either.

Listen we all paid good money to cheer for OUR rockets. If I could help them on the court by going Tonya Harding on Boozer or Williams (and getting away with it!) I would. If I could hit a jumper to help save the team I would. But I cant do any of those. What I can and what YOU CAN do is pour your freaking heart and soul out and give it your best to provide all the energy you can to get their adrenaline going and rattle those jackasses from utah.

This is OUR RIGHT for OUR TEAM do not squander the opportunity.

I am going to be doing my part all night long whether I am sitting in the nosebleeds or in the lower bowl. And I am going to be the first in line to say if I leave the game with any bit of decent voice left in my throat Smack me for not doing my job.

Enough with all this other stuff, WE BRING IT and WE GONNA SHOCK THE WORLD!

peace I'll see y'all in Houston baby!

2. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

No dude, its ON YOU. :D

You're 18 game winning streak mojo is on the line, we need our lucky camel's foot to come through again. BTW, if it's still intact after the first 2 games, you're taking a direct flight or driving straight to SLC, no ifs ands or buts.

BTW, wth is this tumbling down that I keep reading about? I vaguely remember someone mentioning in last years playoff and someone mentioned it again recently.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

yep, it's on all you all until I arrive for Game 7, or better yet, an early win to let me see the second round.

I'll be in town for Game 6 (away game) as well. I hear the Dave2000 RPD compound is taking reservations.

4. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I agree with the OP.

Raise hell, ClutchFans.

5. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

Open your mind. That thread was calling for the Rowdies to tell everyone the same message you got here - that is calling everyone to be rowdy.

Shame is all on you moran!

6. RaferMadness

RaferMadness Rookie

I will be at game 2 and I will boo the jazz everytime they touch the ball and I will scream so freaking loud

7. SeeingRocketRed

Seriously. We must energize the Toyota Center. If people are not on their feet, let's get them to their feet. if people aren't cheering, let's get them cheering. If people are in the bar, tell them to get thier behinds back to their seats. Every section and every fan is crucial. Let's get it so loud that they can't even think straight. Show the doubters and haters what Houston pride can do.

Shock the world begins TONIGHT.

8. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

The thread title is misleading if it really meant everyone. I didn't even peek into that thread because I figured someone was saying it was up to the rowdies to take us to the second round. :rolleyes: He's making a good message, why not support him?

By the way, only "morans" spell morons that way.

9. robgue

robgue Member
    Supporting Member

it's on yoyo.

10. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

I'll be looking for The YoYo on TV, better get some airtime YO!

11. ai_111

ai_111 Rookie

Ya let s beat them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

12. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

hehe, only forum rookies complain about the obvious.

Which one do you think is more feasible, ask the Rowdies to campaign on site or ask clutchfans users?

13. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Doesn't look good for the yoyo so far...but there are some good signs heading into the 2nd half.

14. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

yao alston tmac all injuried at the right time + tmac's playoff bad luck curse, Its on fate

15. muffdaddy

muffdaddy Member

On ESPN, halfway through the 4th, I saw tons of empty courtside lower level seats. I guess local fans know when the jig is up and the team ain't going to make a rally.

16. aaronnguyen

aaronnguyen Member

I lost my voice on every games I went. And do not mind doing that but seeing our fans started leaving before the game end that bother me. Are we the fans do not give a damn about our team only trying to beat the traffic then just staying and do not have to deal with the traffic period.

17. sTWO

sTWO Member

It's on the team. They played like garbage...

18. Melo

Melo Member

it really pisses me off when i watch envriotment at TC. you guys should get example from european clubs, everybody chants there....

19. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

HELL NO. That chanting crap is the most annoying thing in the world. It's the reason I won't watch Euro League games on NBA TV.