1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Quotes from Jazz game to make you hurl, laugh, or hate more.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tycoonchip, Feb 5, 2002.

Tags:
  1. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

"We didn't come out with intensity and concentration," Stockton said. "We're a young team that is growing and we can't afford to be off."

Francis is a terrific player, but he shot a couple of free throws even when he didn't get fouled."-Sloan

http://www.nba.com/games/20020204/UTAHOU/recap.html

2. treeman

treeman Member

It just sent a warm skimmy up my spine when the writer referred to the Jazz as "...a team that is no longer among the elite in the Western Conference." :p

It's good to think that they've started off a 9-game road trip so poorly. To lose against the lowly Rockets... :)

Hopefully Stockton will get more of the medicine he's been dishing out for years on this road trip. You reap what you sow.

3. cometsluv4play

of all the bone-headed things to say.....( Jerry Sloan ) " Francis made a couple of free throws when he wasn't even fouled." HELLO! EARTH TO JERRY SLOAN!!! oh master of the flop....your b*tch*s, Karla Malone and Flopton have been making free throws for 17 years when they weren't fouled...........GSHEEZZ!!! i wanna hurl! :rolleyes: :mad: :rolleyes: :p

4. Dallas Rocket

Dallas Rocket Contributing Member

Treeman, couldn't have said it better:D

They have made an artform of flopping, illegal picks, holding, "accidental" elbows, and the refs have bought their charade for too long.

Jewwy, I'm so sowwy you didn't get evewy call.:p

5. Georock

Georock Member

Yeah, and Steve was ejected in Utah for TWO technicals than even Jazz players didn´t knew why were called, but I guess Sloan don´t remember that.

6. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

When did Kirilenko become one of the league's elite players??? It seemed as though he was given extra steps and referee look-away calls last night. He's good, but he's no EG!

7. carlit0

carlit0 Member

"The tale of the phantom foul calls echoed loud in the Jazz locker room after the game. "Oh yeah, we were killing him," said Karl Malone, asked about all the fouls on Francis. "We were murdering him," Bryon Russell chimed in. "There were two or three times he went up for a shot and wasn't even touched and they called a foul to bail him out," Malone added. Utah second year player DeShawn Stevenson had a dream. "That would be awesome," He said, speaking about getting the kind of calls Steve Francis did. "I guess that's a status thing. That must be what happens when you make the NBA All-Star team. One time John [Stockton] just went past Francis and the ball slipped out of his hands and they called a foul," he said. "He's a talented player," he added. "I guess he's going to get those calls."...

8. Major

Major Member

<B>Yeah, and Steve was ejected in Utah for TWO technicals than even Jazz players didn´t knew why were called, but I guess Sloan don´t remember that.</B>

Actually, they admitted as much that those techs were undeserved. That doesn't mean they lose their right to complain about future bad officiating. More bad calls to fix previous bad calls just keeps the cycle of crappy calls going.

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

OK, well, we didn't hear them talk about that horrible jump ball call when Malone mugged Francis.

10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

While they don't lose their right to complain, complaints from them do look more like whining and hypocritical, since so much of their success has been from creating non-fouls that go their way, while grabbing and holding on to other players and getting away with it. After years and years of that going on, for them to turn around and cry about phantom calls going the other way, reflects poorly on them to say the least.

Also as Rocketman95 pointed out. Malone gave a forearm to Francis' jas that ended in a jump ball. I believe it was Collier who cleanly swatted the ball out of Malone's hands but hit with a foul too. They're complaining just shows the Jazz to be the whiny little hypocrites we all know they are.

11. Georock

Georock Member

I agree on that.

12. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

[​IMG]
    Francis fouled. Jump ball.
    [​IMG]
    Francis fouled again. No call.

13. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Funny, wasn't there years where Malone went stretches shooting more FTs then anybody in the NBA, sometimes in huge gaps? Maybe Sloan should look back on all of those tapes and see where Malone flopped and got calls. Stop whining about calls when you lose, and then ripping people when they complain about calls. You got beat Utah.

14. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Some people threw some stuff onto the floor after that b**** tied up Francis.

I would never throw anything onto the floor, but on man it would feel GOOD to slam a D battery right on that b****es forehead.

15. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

I wouldn't fault the Jazz for complaining ... because the refs do always suck.

So do the Jazzholes! :D