1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

anyone else enjoying watching the spurs suck as much as i am?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by verse, Feb 1, 2002.

1. ScreamingRocketJet

Cat

I really want someone to beat the Lakers as much as you. It's one of the reasons I have lost any respect for the Spurs. I was so keyed up for last season 'showdown'. I was certain it would be a seven game WAR.

Instead...it was a joke.

To make matters worse...rather than come out this season and fire up v LA, smack them around and say "pay back", the Spurs again come out soft and get beaten. Whats' worse, they lost with Shaq injured.

These guys are soft. Always have been. Always will be.

If you like Duncan so much, you'd have to be hoping he leaves before his career gets bracketed with Robinsons...

2. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

The Spurs suck because this year their scrubs aren't having career years like they did last year.

They seem to have hit a wall, because of their age, so naturally the team slips.

Spurs will finish with like 52 wins or so, and lose in the 1st or 2nd round.

Basically the same old Spurs from the early to mid 90s.

Their title run in 99, is an aberration more than anything.

I wonder how much they miss Elliott, off the court?

3. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Anybody watching the Spurs at Magic?

Magic up 5 with 5:00 left in the game.

4. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

OT tied 90.

Smith tied the game with a 3 ptr with 8 secs left.

Sean Elliott said "Don Reid was caught with his pants down" on the play :(

Switching to Lakers-Mavs. This game sucks.

5. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

Karma has come to collect the balance owed for getting Duncan in the lottery. I followed Duncan's career since he was a junior at Wake Forest. He is an elite player. I am a big fan of Tim Duncan.

I think David Robinson has been over rated for years. He is a soft player lucky to play with Duncan. There is only one tower here. I cannot say I really hate Robinson, but I have no respect for his game at all.

I hate Poppovich for his smug attitude. He tanked the season before the Duncan draft and denied it.

I would love to see anyone beat the Lakers, but this team will never do it. Duncan cannot beat them by himself. Robinson is helpless to defend....

6. verse

verse Contributing Member

TBar,

i agree 110% with everything you said, with the small exception about wanting to see anyone beat the lakers. seeing utah beat the lakers just would not wet my whistle! :D

actually, i'd love to see milwaukee vs. los angeles in the finals. they have the team to beat l.a.

as for pop and his smug attitude...it's not just pop. it's every freaking sports announcer in san antonio. it's almost every freaking fan, too. so sure that they are just supreme to everyone. bruce bwen is the gr8est 1on1 defender around. DA was a non-class act (except for when he was playing for the spurs). "jesus" parker is the "absolute best rookie this year" (i actually have heard san antonio commentators say this...conveniently ignoring the obvious fact that "jesus" isn't even the best rookie at his own freaking position!)

7. JJ

JJ Member

I have posted this statement before, and I know that SA announcers are f*cking crazy. But when it comes down to it, I don't think that the fans are very basketball smart. Alot of the people here are too "momentum" driven. When they are rolling, everything is great and Tim should be the MVP. When they hit a wall, its because Pop sucks and he should be fired. Dude, what f*cking side are you guys going to pick?

Its like they can't understand that teams will do stuff like that. Everybody here in SA has been on a suicide watch over the last few weeks because the Spurs are struggling. They should expect it because the Spurs are old, safe for Tim, Parker, and Tone.

I always mess with my girlfriend because she is like every other fan in S.A. They only like to watch the Spurs on TV when the playoffs come around. What the f*ck is that all about? Anybody who says that, doesn't deserve to watch them.

Message to Spurs Fans: Your team is not going anywhere this year!! The Spurs are taking you on an emotional ride. They will win 50+ games this season, but get bumped in the first round. Take my advice and expect it. It will make the losses less painful come playoff time.

8. verse

Message to The Cat,

please read JJ's "Message to Spurs fans"...

or should that read Message to Tim Duncan fans... ;)

seriously, though, JJ you're right. question for you...do you go anywhere to watch the games? i find it very hard to, given the nature of spurs fans.

bingo. i have made this statement MANY times. it seems that they are not "BASKETBALL" fans who root for the spurs. what they seem to be are "SPUR FANS" who know nothinig else about the rest of the league....

what's disgusting (to me) about it is their dismissal of every other team. usually, if a person is not knowledgable about a subject, they listen. NOT HERE. they know it all. everyone else sucks. especially that "Kevin Garrett" dude in Minnesota who's making all that money (i heard someone say that". all praises to "that Vince guy" who's already better than Michael Jordan ever was (heard that b4, too). oh, and the dallas mavericks? they're pretenders, that would get swept by the spurs. they don't have the inside game to beat the spurs for even one game in the playoffs.

it's just disgusting.

9. verse

oh yeah. one more thing...

bruce bwen can shut kobe bryant down. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

can anyone name 3 nba premier scorers that bruce bwen has shut down??? anyone???

10. JJ

JJ Member

I don't usually make a night out of Spurs games. So I usually stay home and watch all the games at home. If you are talking about Rocket games, I have yet to find a place that shows Rocket games. That will be the day that a place in SA shows Rocket games! I did invest in League Pass this season. Thus, I watch all Rocket games at my apt. If I watch a game somewhere, it is either Hooters or Champps or Fox & Hound. I live near USAA, so all of those places are close to where I live.

BTW- one of my good friends is a Spurs fan, so once in a while we check out the games at Hooters on Wurzbach.
    :D

Surprisingly, he is a pretty knowledgeable basketball fan.

11. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Spurs are soft if anyone can beat l.a. it's the Kings. Last year in the playoffs they stopped doing what made them so great and that was playing as a team. In the playoffs last year everyone was focussed on whether or not C-Webb would stay and they loss track. Not to take anything away from the lakers, but the Kings weren't playing their type of ball. This year they're better and almost impossible to beat at home. If they don't blow it they can beat l.a..

The spurs are just soft and won't do anything major. They have some of the pieces, but lack a vital organ........the heart.