1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

George Karl goes off on Big 3

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Francis3, Feb 3, 2002.

1. Francis3

Francis3 Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=220202015

My favorite part is this

When asked for specifics, Karl replied, "Every night it's a little bit of stubbornness, a little bit of too much dribbling, a little bit of not committing to the team, a little bit of not having pride in how to play the game the right way."

Man I wish he was our coach.

2. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

He's been begging them to play any kind of defense for the last few years.

3. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Yes, George Karl has made tremendous strides in effecting change in his players with his not-so-patented "Call-them-out-in-the-media" method.

Oh, wait . . . . no, no he hasn't.

4. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

George has a highly rated assistant coach whom I would like to take over for Rudy when he moves up to the FO: Terry Crisp, I think is his name. Anybody know anything about him?

5. Kimble14

Kimble14 Contributing Member

A quick Terry Crisp bio:
    • Played for Boston, St. Louis, New York, and Philadelphia during an 11-year stint at center, winning 2 league championships in Philly
    • Nine years experience as a head coach, including one championship
    • Current color commentator on Fox Sports South
    Oh, yeah -- all that's hockey stuff. :)

I assume you were thinking of Terry Stotts. Unfortunately, I can't tell you anything beyond his NBA.com page. None of the other Google results looked promising re: his value as a coach. Sorry.

6. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

George said he was ready to trade one of his guys, but who? No one wants big dog and his contract. Everyone wants ray allen. Some people would want sam cassell. What could they get for Allen or Cassell? Anything like equal value? Likely no. They still need a 4 and a 5, since Tim Thomas hasn't taken that spot, and Mase doesn't handle the support role very well. Maybe Kandi, DMiles and McInnis for Cassell. Hard to swallow.

7. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Kimble: Thanks for the correction. I had looked this guy up one time when I heard him touted. My memory faltered and landed on the more familiar Terry Crisp.

Here is the link on Stotts:
    http://www.nba.com/coachfile/terry_stotts/index.html?nav=page

He's been by Karl's side for many, many years. Lo and behold, he was drafted by the Houston Rockets! Fate....

8. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

I would take Big Dog and his contract. I would give them most any combination of players excluding Francis, Mobley or Griffin plus maybe a #1 to do it. I think the Big Dog does a lot of things pretty well and is an underrated player.

9. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news/ap/20020204/ap-frustratedbucks.html

update. Apparenty, the Bucks and Karl don't think there's much chance of value out there, either.

Hmm, Bucks need a pf and center, one less ballhog. Rockets have a pf (Taylor) and center (Cato) - to match close with money. Big Dog is a 3. Tim Thomas is a 3. Grif is a 4. Now, what at the 5? Ervin Johnson?

Rockets become Bucks west. Brain-dead lights-out gunners at 1,2,3., except we have Grif at 4, Ervin at 5.

Does that make sense?:confused:

10. TroyBaros

TroyBaros "Special" Friend of Steve Francis

Clearly Karl is unhappy being a Bucks coach and he wants the coaching job at North carolina this is obvious so he makes these petty antics if he trades sam or ray or anyone it will ruin this team.
    Fire karl problems solved I never liked him as a head coach he caused great confusion in Seattle and hes doing it bucks town now.
    If you notice Karl never blames himself:rolleyes: