1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dreaming Again - Hakeem Returning?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by arno_ed, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Prometheus

Prometheus Member

No, Calvin was just there helping out. Dream has been around TC lately, at least so I've heard.

[​IMG]

At the very least this will help the development of our rookies and Yao.

I'm so excited! Go Morey! Get 'er done!

I think the key to this was the 22 game streak. When he saw how well we played together, and how having Yao out affected us, he knew he had to do something, and by God, I think he has enough in the tank to contribute in the playoffs.

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I just posted this on another site, i'm waiting for their reactions :)

3. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure you have to be retired for 5 years, him playing would definately change that, and I think he would have to wait another 5 years. I don't guess he would be too worried about it anyways because its only a matter of time before he gets in.

If this is true though (which i doubt it is)...then Hakeem may be the one dreaming...DD and everyone else on this board too.

At this point anyone big would help us but it ain't like he's gonna even be a piece of a shell of his former self. Add multiple years of age and decline to the Raptors Olajuwon and thats what we'll have.

4. lalala902102001

Can you imagine Shaq trying to guard Dream in the final minute of the Western Conference Finals Game 7?

Yes, I present you your Houston Rockets--2007-2008 NBA World Champions!

5. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Believe it again! Again!

6. Nero

Nero Member

Yeah, but when is Ramadan?? Remember, when he played before, we always had to suffer through that month of him having no stamina or strength..

As long as we are past that 'weakness month', and he has been doing as lot of yoga and taking his supplements, he should be good for 10 - 15 minutes a game, maybe 5 or six rebounds, maybe a couple of blocks.

I wouldn't try to run the offense through him again, though.

However, just like 12 and 13 years ago, he will be exactly what is needed to get us over the hump!

Great News!

On a somewhat related note, I have been hearing rumors that the Texans are very far into discussions with Barry Sanders' representatives, about bringing the prematurely-retired running back out of retirement and to the team! Let's hope lightning strikes twice!

Woohoo!

7. akbar

akbar Member

i played with him couple weeks ago at lifetime he still has it especially his dream shake. ill say hes in a good shape but he has some running to do to compete

8. T-Mac1

T-Mac1 Contributing Member

:p
    Loooooooooooooooool

9. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

I think we should pair him with Ewing and have Dream, Ewing, and Mutumbo each average about 10-15 minutes a game! We'll have the oldest 5 spot rotation ever!

Besides, didn't Ewing almost sign as a player a couple years ago with us?!

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I don't think anyone is expecting him to be like he was in 1994. But if he can come in for 10-15 minutes a game and draw the double-team away from T-Mac, what's the problem?

If Yao weren't hurt, I would agree that this is a horrible move. But we don't have any other options. I'll take a past-his-prime Hakeem over Loren Woods any day of the week.

This makes us a better team.

11. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am at Ceasars in Vegas and as soon as ESPN talked about it, the Odds for the Rockets winning it all went from 15-1 to 12-1......

Talk about an impact....

WOW !

DD

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I agree. I don't get how anyone can think this won't help us. Sure, Hakeem wasn't the same player his last season with Toronto ... but he can still block shots, he can still rebound. That's all we need from him.

If nothing else, this will bring some back some of that excitement in the Toyota Center that was lost after the streak. If this happens, this is awesome.

14. Classic

Classic Member

haha, pretty cold

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

And if you watched that video during the offseason of him tutoring Yao, you can see that he is still in excellent shape and still has some of his quickness. He faked Yao out of his shoes a couple of times.

16. Prometheus

Prometheus Member

I'm so happy I could cry. :eek:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hW4uXlRGAF0"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hW4uXlRGAF0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

please tell me that this story is an april fools joke. there is just no way in hell that hakeem can play at his age. it would be sad to see the man go out there and embarrass himself. he could only get 7 pts and 6 rebs in 22 mpg 6 years ago.

sorry but you people are truly fools on this day if you believe he can help. :eek:

18. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

This will definitely help us. Forget about just on the court. I'm talking about the locker room, the toyota center crowd, everything.

We can't expect him to be like Dream circa 93-94, but for a couple of minutes here there, he could be huge for us on the glass, on defense, etc. Man, if he drops a dream shake...can u just imagine? I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one who suddenly has blurry vision for a few seconds. :)

Plus, he can't possibly be any worse than Loren Woods!

19. Prometheus

Prometheus Member

You guys just need to believe. I do. Haters need to stop drinking haterade.

It's time baby!

Aren't we six seed right now? This feels like a revival of the old clutch city!! :D

20. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

ok, ok,...i get the point

The Dream might really help this team come playoff time. He'll give some much needed veteran leadership.

When we win it all he'll be Finals MVP