1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis -- Rockets 109, Warriors 106

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 22, 2008.

Tags:
  1. waihh

waihh Contributing Member

Are you kidding?
    I think the Rockets will be thrilled to play GSW, or NO, or Dallas, teams more of small ball, but hate to play Lakers, Jazz, Suns, Spurs who play big ball.

2. JOHNNYN

JOHNNYN Member

anyone have a video of that buzzer beater bobby jackson hit?

3. GoRedRowdies

GoRedRowdies Member

you probably still live in 2007 but he was INJURED

4. JOHNNYN

JOHNNYN Member

well we really dont know yet how we'll do against the suns, they still have somewhat of an uptempo offense so we might do well against them tomorrow

5. rocketsmetalspd

I believe this Rockets team can play small ball or big ball teams. The team is learning how to win no matter what and this will carry over into next season.

6. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Great win. But the Rockets got killed on the board. 20 offensive rebounds by the Warriors. Morey really need to find a big body (I dont think Loren Woods will work) for the playoffs run.

7. DamnDivision

DamnDivision Member

Another turning point hopefully ;)

8. devin23

devin23 Member

That's when yao is out right? With yao, i'd say, neither type of teams will give us fits anymore.

9. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

I agree I think the Rockets have to play a small ball in order to win. Or a team with no punishing inside presence.

10. bfunw

bfunw Contributing Member

That's match up. Tomorrow we need Deke fighting Shaq.

11. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

I think getall was employing what's called a rhetorical device here.

12. waihh

B Davis is overrated. First noone knows if he will be healthy the next day. Then he thrived in the GSW system. I still remember how he was SF's b**** when he played for NO. Don Nelson makes him looks much better than he is. Name the point guards of the top 8 team in the West except Rafer, you know where Davis will rank.
    With Davis being the best player, and the style of play, the GSW is a preferred playoff opponent for the Rockets IMHO.

13. ThaBlackKnight

Its really amazing how we won 6 in a row without Carl Landry. Its not as amazing as winning without Yao, but you could see how much he has stepped up this year. He is truly a force down low. That was part of the reason why Tmac couldn't "drive to the basket" a lot of the last couple of games. Put Landry in the equation, its a completely different story.

You don't have to guard Hayes, Scola is very skilled, but not athletic, so you can recover against him shooting a lay up, and Mike Harris is just really short to play power forward, and to finish with dunks all the time, so teams can block him sometimes too. With Landry, he'll just dunk over you, thats the difference.

Even if Tmac didn't score much in the last couple of games, he would've found Landry for some easy baskets which open everything else up.

You saw it tonight, if Scola, Hayes, or Harris catches some of those passes instead of Landry, they are either gonna take a jump shot, or in Hayes's case, you hope and pray that the lay up goes in. Landry just shocked the Warriors and intimidated them tonight.

The key now is to keep him healthy, and move forward. The suns are going to be difficult to match up with, but its not impossible. We got our Amare back, so it should be a fun matchup.

It was understandable why people were so worried after losing 2 in a row, because of the lack of offense and sloppy play, but even the 33 wins in a row Lakers had a few games where they weren't right, so this is normal, we're relatively healthy now, we got a great win tonight, and now its time to make that push towards the end of the season and into the playoffs.

14. waihh

Completely agree with you. I am talking about this season.

15. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

finally landry is back. Seems that he got his scoring touch back, but he really need to work on his boards. He cant let opposition team to get TWENTY offensive boards. With Davis and Ellis getting 3 and 2 respectively.

Hopefully a new streak can be started. 13 games in a row, Rox win by 10 points or more.

I did not manage to catch the game live, but by viewing http://www.nba.com/games/20080321/HOUGSW/gameinfo.html?nav=scoreboardhome

on the shot selection of Tmac, i counted 10 shots attempt in the paint, making only 3 of them. Tmac really got to do the same training that alston is doing. :p

16. Rudyball

Rudyball Contributing Member

Wow, we shot over 80% from the free throw line. Our starters get outscored by their starters by 24, but Landry and BJax outscore their bench 33 to 6.

Bobby needs to keep taking a taxi early to the games to practice his 3's. Hell, maybe they all need to go with him :D

17. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

very good energy tonight, and Mandry, wow, what can you say, he just does this every game now! How about that double clutch 3 from Bobby?

18. skip to my lou

he was a allstar in N.O twice

19. Rocks4ever

Rocks4ever Contributing Member

Turnovers almost became our undoing again in the fourth quarter. We get a 6-point lead, and then we promptly turn the ball over three times, giving the Warriors six points in less than a minute.

Bottomline (with or without Landry): If we keep our turnovers down, we win 9 times out of 10.

20. JDMDC2

JDMDC2 Member

this game is so bad ass that i have the watch the rebroadcast again awesome win by the good guys