1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How long is your commute to work?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by clutch citizen, Jan 30, 2008.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Do you have to transfer when you get downtown or no?

2. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

No transfers.

It goes from the W. Little York TC on 290 to the NW Transit Center (610 and I-10 interchage)

From there we take N Post Oak Rd. to the 610 feeder

Right on Post Oak Blvd. all the way to Richmond.

Left on Richmond to my stop (Richmond @ Weslayan)

The slowest part is from the NW Transit Center to Richmond and all the stops along the way.

3. playlife

playlife Member

15 miles (20-30mins)

4. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

15-20 minutes. I take the Hardy toll road. I have to hit it at the right time though or I will be in traffic at the toll plaza.

5. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

An hour to an hour and 15 minutes usually. I listen to a lot of books and lectures on mp3. Ask me about the history of the Papacy!

6. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

25-30 minutes. I live in Kentucky and work in Cincinnati.

7. david12sfa

david12sfa Member

30 miles into town from Deer Park usually takes about 35 mins at 6 am. takes about 45 mins back at 4pm.

8. david12sfa

david12sfa Member

To the Galleria area.

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

That's a long time to get to Greenway from Little York. But it's still a lot better than driving yourself IMO. Perfect time to read a book or listen to your iPod.

I get let off downtown at the El Paso building, walk half a block and jump on the Allen Parkway Express which drops me about 10 feet from the entrance to my building.

Only problem is when some douche is driving 45mph in the HOV lane and it causes me to miss my transfer bus. The next one doesn't get there until 15 minutes later.

You get your "Q Card" yet?

10. AXG

AXG Member

I don't work, but my commute to school is usually an hour to an hour-and-a-half depending on traffic conditions.

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

About 30 minutes from driveway to garage and back (Katy to Galleria). I-10 on the way in and the Westpark on the way out. It really helps that I'm only in the office 11-4 and work the rest of my shift from home.

I thought I was spending close to $40 a week on tolls...then I actually pulled up my account. The ex has been using the EZ Tag she said she removed from her car seven months ago. Woo!

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

20-25 minutes straight up Parmer Ln. (N. Austin)

My brother recently moved back to the Heights after spending 3 years living off of Barker Cypress/290. His commute was getting to be about 2 hours each way. He couldn't take it any more, sold the house just about at a loss, and moved back into town. Now his commute is 4 blocks.

13. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Ditto.

But that's going to change. I just bought a new home (close 2/15) and now my office is on the other side of the house from the bedroom. Damn! ;)

Speaking of which, after we move in, sometime around May, this house we're in now will be for rent. Anybody in the Denton area needing a place this summer? We own this one so we can negotiate some.

14. paikj83

paikj83 Contributing Member

2.5 hours each way. :)

15. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I may try that out one day when I dont need my car at work. I work I'm the Koch building at Richmond and weslayan.

16. rusHour

rusHour Contributing Member

my commute is pretty easy.
    wake up at 8:00, leave the house by 8:18 at the latest, be at work by 8:30.
    i dont know what i would do if i had to travel the freeways. :rolleyes: