1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] The Wire - Season 5 Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Icehouse, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Man why does this have to be the last season of The Wire? Season 4 was very good IMO (even though Bodie died) and I like the spin they are supposed to take with the media this year. Here is a preview (around 26 minutes though):

http://www.hbo.com/thewire/chronicles/

Interesting storyline on the internet killing print media. Too bad this show doesn't get more love via viewers or awards....

2. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

Great show. Its too even-handed though, not enough 'spice' ;) .

3. Trip

Trip Member

I met Melanie Griffiths-King, the actress who plays Kima's ex-girlfriend, this summer. Asked her about Season 5 and she says it's the best one in her opinion.

While we're on the topic of seasons, what does everyone rank the seasons? I'd go 3, 4, 1, and then 2.

4. coma

coma Contributing Member

I hope Avon makes a comeback and takes out Marlo.

5. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

The Wire is the best show ever, in my opinion. There's none of that good guy/bad guy crap. It's like a great novel. We're catching up on it down here, since it hasn't shown on tv. I don't think there's ever been a show that has such a wealth of great characters.

6. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

When does Season 5 start? They took long enough. I hated that they killed Bodie :( . That was my boy. Not really feeling the Marlo kid. Reminds me of the youngsters today. Season 1 was my favorite of them all.

7. Trip

Trip Member

According to Wikipedia, Wood Harris (Avon) will only return as a guest star. So I guess we'll just be seeing some jail shots of him like we did Wee Bey in season 4. I didn't like Marlo all that much at first but he's grown on me.

8. coma

coma Contributing Member

Caught the season opener tonight from On Demand, this season is going to be pretty awesome.

Things are going to boil up to something big.

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I met a bartender who claims to be Seth Gilliam (Carver's) longtime ex girlfriend. She had tons of Wire cast-related stories. Apparently, she, Carver Dominc West (McNulty) and Andre Royo (Bubs) used to party togetehr all the time and Dom is just like Mcnulty. Also she said Sonja Sohn (Griggs) is a b****.

10. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Man I was just about to post about this!! Finished season 4 the other day.. think season 1 was the best, season 2 the worst. Pissed that Bodie had to go. For some reason I thought season 5 had already been out.. I seem to remember two chics helping Omar (best character) rob people.. but at end of season 4, there was only one. :confused:

EDIT: Maybe they appeared in season 3. I haven't seen it in a good while, just remember the two chics.

#10 LongTimeFan, Jan 1, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2008
  11. Trip

Trip Member

One of them got killed in a shootout with the Barksdale gang.

That was in Season 3.

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

he's in this movie with sandra bullock who's in alcohol rehab and he's the boyfriend who always gets drunk with her and doesn't want her to stop drinking.

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

that's the point

14. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

I LOVED the "lie detector" scene in the opening of season 5 (saw it On Demand). That was hilarious.

15. slamdunk179

slamdunk179 Member

would be nice if you could warn us before telling us what happened...for those who are not as caught up as you...

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

:confused:

17. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

Probably the Bodie thing. I hadn't seen the last episode of season 4 before I read this thread for a first time so it caught me too, even though I suspected it after his meltdown with the cop car.

18. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

The first episode was ok...typical buildup as usual. Sucks that they pulled them off Marlo.

19. bigboi

bigboi Member

It was good but they stole that from Homicide life on the streets, that ran on NBC about 10 years ago.

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

on know this show is supposedly based on the reality of the Baltimore situation but I can't believe a kid would've been fooled by that.

anyway, I like how they wire introduces the different elements of the city, and now the media. It was a pretty good first episode although not as good as I had hoped.

anyone live in an american city where the budget situation is so dire that the police aren't getting paid on time outside their standard forty hours?