1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who's gonna win rookie of the year?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by dream_team, Dec 27, 2001.

1. dream_team

dream_team Member

this is an interesting race, considering that no one rookie has really stood out so far.

my leaders:
    1) Pau Gasol - my leader so far. leads all rookies in scoring. close to averaging a double-double.
    2) Jamaal Tinsley - probably the surprise so far. also close to a double-double, but i think he'll begin to slowdown.
    3) Shane Battier - #2 in scoring and probably the best defensive player (among rookies). starting to come into his own.
    4) Eddie Griffin - if he continues to get 30 min/game, he'll easily win this award.
    5) Jason Richardson - not really doing that much... and on a bad team.

2. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Griffin has to put up good numbers and hope Gasol slows down. Tinsley is good but Gasol is the top rookie right now.

3. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Tony Parker will finish ahead of Richardson.

4. franchise_3

franchise_3 Member

Richardson is starting to pick up his game btw

he's starting to score more and more, and you said hes on a bad team, well griffin is playing on a bad team right now without Francis, and if Francis was there hed be a 3rd option

Richardson has a chance to win ROY, but i think Gasol will get it

5. Steve_Francis_rules

I would give the nod to Tinsley over Gasol right now because Tinsley is getting the job done as a starter on a winning team. And don't forget that he's among the league leaders in steals as well.

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Gasol will win it if he keeps putting numbers like he did last night. God whatever happened to The Rockets getting this guy at #13? sheesh .

Griff I think Will only Improve when Francis comes back I think he could Be a steady 20 point 10 rebound guy every night, If thats The Case Griff wins it for sure .

Tinsley I told a lot of people to watch out for, I said he had similar skills as Steve Francis which many people told me I was an idiot. If Tinsely doesnt have a let down he Could make a strong case, He won the starting PG role at the start of the season and has the confidence of his coach.

Battier is in the Same boat as Gasol, If Gasol or Battier get injured for a long period of time , One of them is going to have one hell of a stretch of games .

Parker has been inconsistent at best, He put up some good early season number but really hasnt done much since .

Richardson has been a contributor in the Warriors offense, He shoots too much and doesnt pass often but is a high-light reel kind of player the NBA loves.

7. EGRULES

EGRULES Member

EG will win if he gets 30 min a nite from now on HE WILL

8. Legendary21

Legendary21 Member

Gasoline Power!
    or EG if he continues to chäf.

9. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Right now Gasol get my vote for ROY but if Griffen continues to put up the 20 and 10 he has been averaging the past 3 games it may go co-ROY like with Hill/Kidd and Francis/Brand

10. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

He gets my vote...so far?

11. Lil Pun

#2 that is :)

12. kbm

kbm Member

Gasol gets my vote, too. The guy is simply put amazing. And to think, he is putting these numbers up with a bradley-like build. Amazing! He just works so hard not to get pushed around in the paint.

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm glad to see the 'soft Euro'-bashing has finally stopped for Gasol.

14. TroyBaros

TroyBaros "Special" Friend of Steve Francis

My votes for Griffin because He bangs with the best of them pauls just scoring...Points is meaning less when it comes to my vote for ROY

Hes a great shooter but hes not an all around player like Griffin.
    I say griff becomes a Superstar before Paul will.

:cool:

15. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Actually Pau isn't that great a shooter. I believe he even shoots below 70% from the free throw line.

And, actually Pau is an all-around player like Griffin. He is putting up 15 and 8...

16. EGRULES

EGRULES Member

Thats kinda bad considering he get more minutes then EG and is taller, u would thnk all that considered, PAU would be leader in shots blocked by a lot.

17. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Eddie Griffin

18. Lil Pun

It would be nice!!! :D

19. Dm324

Dm324 Member

probably richardson, once the warriors realize their season is over, he' start bein the go to guy and he'll take it from there. Tinsley is too inconsistent, and has too many turnovers