1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Merry X-Mas Mr. Floyd...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by JAG, Dec 24, 2001.

1. JAG

JAG Member

Tim Floyd of the Chicago Bulls has been fired, or may be given the option of resigning...either way, he's gone. And on Christmas Eve too...Bulls class continues...

Here's the link..( hope i do this right)... http://espn.go.com/nba/news/2001/1224/1300880.html

#1 JAG, Dec 24, 2001
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2001
  2. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

I think Floyd quit. I don't think he was fired. He was reported not more than a month ago as having requested to be "relieved of his coaching duties," and Krause said in his best Dana Carvey George Bush impression, Not gonna do it. Wouldn't be prudent. I think Floyd resigning is more Bulls management giving in than pushing him out the door.

Sounds like it wasn't the losing that pushed Floyd over, but conflicts with Oakley and Artest where management didn't back him up like Floyd wanted. The losing might have influenced things just a little bit though. :)

Best wishes to Floyd. As for the Baby Bulls, it's not like we expected anything more from them this year. I guess they're just hoping for a Clippers revival after a couple years.

3. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

If he was fired that's messed up!

4. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

Damn, that's classless. That'd be like the Nugs cutting a player on Christmas eve......oh, damn. Um......forget this post.

:D

5. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

I will <b>not</b> tolerate Rusty LaRue being blamed for the debacle that is the Bulls!!!!!!

6. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

what pissed me off was that floyd never played the future of the franchise chandler and curry. I mean let the kids play. You arent going to win the ring so let the kids get some experience so they hopefully will develop faster. Look at jonathan bender, has flashes of skill but sits on the bench. Al harrigton getting some pt and producing. Lewis in seattle same thing. Oneal is producing big now. Let curry and chandler play man it not gonna hurt your team at all. ****in trenton hassell played twice as many minutes as they did. Thats a rookie that will be a role player if anything soon for them. I am glad he got fired he deserved it.