1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you remember this Shaq-Attack?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by countingcrow, Dec 22, 2001.

1. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

After that happened, I heard that the NBA reinforced the goals. Then again I also heard that the whole thing was staged by the Magic as a publicity stunt when Shaq came into the league. Who knows? :confused:

3. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Ya know, I've never actually seen that. Pretty cool, staged or not.

4. superjazzfan

superjazzfan Member

Considering that the game was played in NJ that would be an impressive feat. Now if you had said NBC.....

5. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

lol

6. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Shaq also messed up the goal at Phx.

After he dunked, the goal was deflating or something. Whatever reinforces the goal to the floor was slowly breaking apart after Shaq dunked on it.

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

How many did he knock down in college? :)

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

You know, I never knew he had done this more than once. After reading your post, I noticed the video above was one that I hadn't seen before. The one you're talking about is the one I had seen. The goal kind of slowly lowered to the ground as if the hydraulics had completely failed on it. It was hilarious watching it.

Here's a quote I was able to find :

"Shaquille makes his physical prowess felt: After throwing down a ferocious dunk against the Phoenix Suns, he hangs on the rim, pulling the backboard forward thus causing the back end of the base to come off the ground and the collapsible basket to fold into its storage position. The game is delayed for 35 minutes. "If you think about doing something like that, it won't happen," O'Neal said following the incident."

9. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I get this message on Real Player when trying to play that link.

Unable to render video; IV41 decompressor not found.

10. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

i actually remember shaq tearing down that goal live on TV. Seems like Phoenix won in either a really close game or in OT...I actually liked Suq back then...

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Damn, you again.

It sounds like you don't have the latest Indeo video drivers or something. Is this the latest copy of Real Player? I'd get that first and see if it solves the problem.

Or you can try downloading the latest Indeo codecs :

http://www.ligos.com/index.phtml?&pi=103&n1=products&n2=indeo&n3=download

12. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

LOL!

Thanks DoD. This is my parents 'puter. I'll update them and let ya know what happens.

Come to think of it. I think I need to update the codecs on my PC at home too.