1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Novak D-League watch

Discussion in 'Rio Grande Valley Vipers' started by Hayesfan, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Thanks a lot for the Steve Novak UPDATE.

Sorry for completly changing the subject of your thread and talking about something totally insignificant to the current Rockets team but does anyone what's up with MOOCHIE. :rolleyes:

2. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Are you going to continue hating on the guy in every thread where his name is mentioned? What's your point? :rolleyes:

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

damn the vipers play in so cal this week but they play wed night in anaheim and i have tickets to the ucla game that night already :(

then when they play in LA its at 330 in the afternoon and you cant just buy tickets to the game...you need to buy a ticket to the lakers game later that night and then can use that ticket as your ticket into the d-league game.

i wouldnt have been able to go at 330 anyway cuz of work but i am torn i can always sell my ticket to the ucla game, but i dont know what i value more as a fan, my bruins or steve novak.

the decisions i must deal with in my life

5. Hayesfan

poor yoyo! They should play in Anaheim again I am sure, maybe then you can go.

Here's the recap from the first game in which our Novak played. Steve apparently had a back injury that kept him out of the first game (and affected his shooting?)

http://www.nba.com/dleague/games/20071125/BAKRGV/recap.html

Rio Grande Valley 117, Bakersfield 102

Hidalgo, TX, Nov. 25 -- The Rio Grande Valley Vipers closed out their brief two-game home stand with a 117-102 victory over the Bakersfield Jam Sunday evening at Dodge Arena.

CJ Watson led all scorers with 27 points.

Bakersfield falls to 0-2, losing on opening night Friday to the Austin Toros.

The Vipers had five players in double figures. Gabe Muoneke, who was a game time decision with a lower back injury, added 25, while Kenny Taylor chipped in 13 points.

The Jam were paced by Brandon Bowman’s 26 points. Three other Jam players notched double figures. Golden State assignee Kosta Perovic added 18 points for Bakersfield.

Rio Grande Valley outrebounded the Jam 31 to 28. Houston Rockets assignee Steve Novak played in his first game with Rio Grande Valley after missing Friday’s game with a back injury.

"We had a great crowd tonight. We put a strong offensive performance and everyone was involved,” Vipers Head Coach Bob Hoffman said. “ It was important to get the wins here at home before we go on our West Coast swing.”

The Vipers will play two games away from the Dodge Arena, as they play their first back-to-back of the season in Anaheim and Los Angeles on Wednesday and Thursday, respectively. The Vipers will return to Dodge Arena on Saturday night to take on the Sioux Falls Skyforce..

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Has anyone gone to RGV games and seen Steve Novak live?

Has anyone gone to RGV games and seen Steve Novak live?

Just wondering if anyone has a scouting report on Novak. Last night he had 17 points and 9 rebounds, but boxscore never tells the whole story.

7. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

damn! i was going to go to the game last night but ended up watching the rockets game and ucla game live instead.

i wish i could go to the game today in LA but its a 330pm and I actually need to work late tonight and i think you cant buy tickets to just the RGV game you need to buy tickets to the lakers game tonight and then use your laker ticket as your ticket into the d-league game. i am guessing you can sit wherever you want for the d-league game with the lakers ticket.

8. Hayesfan

That's sort of dumb on the part of the D-fenders. Decreases the chances that they will get kids or younger fans into the stands because of cost issues.

Doesn't look like the Vipers were shooting all that well 39.1%

http://www.nba.com/dleague/games/20071128/RGVANA/boxscore.html

but Steve was 3-8 from 3pt land and 6-15 from the floor. More impressive to me though is his team high 9 rbs.. our Novak.. rebounding?

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Steve goes to Austin Jan 4th and 5th.

10. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

He actually is pretty decent at rebounding, if you check his numbers. He once had a 20 reb game in his senior year against Duke.

His problem is his defense.

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I just hope he wasn't guarding the Steven Smith guy on the other team :D.

12. Matador

Matador Member

13. Hayesfan

Steve had a good night yesterday.

Novak played 40 minutes had 27 points shooting 10-18 from the field with 4-9 three pointers and 3-4 from the FT line (he also had 4 rbs and 3 assists)

http://www.nba.com/dleague/games/20071202/RGVTUL/boxscore.html

Saturday he didn't shoot well, but it looks like he did other things. He was leading rebounder with ten.

http://www.nba.com/dleague/games/20071201/SIFRGV/recap.html

http://www.nba.com/dleague/games/20071201/SIFRGV/boxscore.html

You can check out his per game stats here...

http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/steve_novak/

14. JaWindex

JaWindex Contributing Member

Thanks a lot for the updates!

I hope Novak gets more consistent with his shooting, but the rebounding is a good sign.

15. Al22ex

Al22ex Member

Hey guys, I am Alex Del Barrio the radio voice with the Vipers and I have visited this site as a Rockets fan since I was in High School. Let me just say that it has been great to have Steve around. He is a great player and a great leader and team mate. How lucky the Vipers are to have him.

He had a great night on Sunday and is really starting to come into his own as a scorer. He is shooting well from 3 point land and he is actually creating his own shot off the dribble which is nice.

I look forward to meeting some of the fellow Clutch Fans out there during my travels this year.

Oh and YoYo.. I wish I had visited this thread earlier because I could have put you on the ticket list for the D-Fenders/Laker Game.

Ok guys take care.

-ADB

16. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Actually, I do know what's up with Moochie. He's been lighting it up overseas. The Mooch still got it.......

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1mk0Qf59vj4&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1mk0Qf59vj4&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Cool! Nice to hear from you. I hope Steve finds the confidence and experience that enables him to do on the court for the Rockets what he's apparently always been able to do in practice. If you've read about him here, you know that the guy received rediculous props for his shooting from his teammates... in practice. Then he would get a few minutes for real and not do much of anything, especially hit from Downtown, which is supposed to be his forté. He's well liked by everyone and we needs his skills. I hope he gets it together. He really needs to work on his strength. I hope Novak is also doing that.

I might go see them play in early January in Austin, if I'm in town.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I'll Join you if you do go....should be fun.

DD