1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thomas Hamilton

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mduke, Dec 18, 2001.

1. mduke

mduke Member

I just found this on NBDL.com, while looking to see how a friend is doing in the league, when i ran across this...

"THOMAS HAMILTON of Roanoke grabbed 16 rebounds in an 82-72 defeat of Greenville on Tuesday, and leads the NBDL in rebounding (12.5 rpg). "

Looks like we should've kept "Two Sandwiches";)

2. Woofer

Woofer Contributing Member

Think of it this way - if we had kept him, we would have signed him to a long term guaranteed contract that cost us a lot of money ala Moochie/Cato/Rice.

3. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I don't know what happened between him and Rudy, but if Spreewell can amend his mistakes, maybe Hamilton can too. The guy is loaded with talent and when he played some of it was seen, his problem has been his weight control. Jordan and company said it was tough cutting him. We're desperate anyway, so I don't see how come it wouldn't be given another shot.

4. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

Hamilton does have a good potential. We may- as-well dump Collier and sign Hamilton. It can't really hurt us at all. It's not like Collier's gonna be productive any time soon. We just have to tell him that the only way we'll sing him is if he promises to lose some weight. I don't remember Hamilton that much. All I remember is that he is overweight and gets a ton of boards.

#4 TheReasonSF3, Dec 19, 2001
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2001
  5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I don't think this is such a bad idea, how fat is he right now?

Also, Willis and his professionalism could have a HUGE impact on 2 sandwiches.

DaDakota

6. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

It seems the only thing we got from last yrs draft was a pick this yr which was griffin. Even Najara is plaing pretty good when he plays. Collier and Langhi hasn't done ****. Maybe Hamilton could come in and help us out.

7. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Two Sandwich apparently had some course words for Rudy when he wasn't getting any PT.

I'd say there isn't much chance that Fatty will play here again.

8. cmrockfan

cmrockfan Member

Thomas Hamilton is horrible. I don't know why he ever got a opportunity here in the first place. I think his quick dismissal had as much to do with Rudy's realization that Hamilton would never make it in the NBA as it did with Hamilton's big mouth.

9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Thomas embarassed himself and the organization in his last game (which solidified his ticket out of town). He was put in in the last few minutes of a blowout and loafed incredibly throughout. It was ridiculous to watch. I suspect there were other incidents leading up to that moment, but that sealed the deal.

10. edc

edc Contributing Member

The NBDL stats list him as 360, which means he's probably closer to "four bills" in real life.

I think this thread now needs to be joined with the "Barkley on Leno" thread!