1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eddie Griffin needs to get playing time!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheGreatest, Dec 18, 2001.

1. TheGreatest

TheGreatest Member

First of all, let me say that I am new to this website and if I do anything outsides the realms of decorum, please forgive me.

On the topic of Eddie Griffin, HE NEEDS MORE PLAYING TIME!! Getting hands on experience is the only way he can be a semi decent NBA player. Look at Gasol in Memphis or Jefferson in NJ. Both of these guys are seeing their stocks skyrocket as the season is progressing. We need to give Eddie the same opportunity. Rudy's current playing rotation is doing a great job of tanking the season. We have nothing to lose in giving Eddie a shot. At least he will be a good asset for the team next season.

2. WoodlandsBoy

WoodlandsBoy Contributing Member

He is starting tonight, so lets see how he does...

I hope Moochie passes him the ball...

3. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Welcome, The Greatest. You can be my bud, since I know how hard it is sometimes when The Clique ignores your posts and comments. ;)

I really hope EG can get some quality PT tonight. Remember how good he looked in the 2nd Q in Seattle? He was KG-ing the hell out of the Sonics! I'd like to see him stuff Sheed. That would be enough for me...just one stuff - right in his mug!

4. EGRULES

EGRULES Member

just look at my signature

5. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My thoughts exactly. Let the kid postup!

6. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

During training camp I think Rudy envisioned Griffin getting more minutes than he has. But Griffin has had to take a back seat because of the superb play of Kenny Thomas. Come on guys, you know you can't sit a 3rd player on the rise down on the bench just so a 19 year old can get his mistakes out of his system, gain experience and all that other baby stepping. Rudy doesn't baby nor play favorites. He plays the best player the most minutes, just ask El Toro. Kennys the man right now and he's paid his dues. Guys, hes the best player at the power foward position we have, his game is far superior than Griffins, and he's a buck out there while Eddies seems like an awkward doe. Anyways, I hope Eddie proves me wrong and has a jaw-dropping game tonight.

#6 ROCKETBOOSTER, Dec 18, 2001
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2001
  7. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

It was fun watching Griffin go up against Wallace tonight. Those guys look real similar out there. Griiffins game can be everything Wallace's is and more. The kid was schooled tonight though, but he'll find him a nice offensive niche down low once his teamates start to respect him by passing him the ball instead of waving him out of the paint. His time will come, but by the looks of things, it won't be anytime soon.

8. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Well it wont be anytime soon because of the way this team plays. Cuttino doesnt even have teammates when he is playing. Eddie Griffin doesnt get a look from any of the players, he played good for someone who got the ball 2 times.

9. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

I really liked what I saw tonight. Wallace is arguably the best power forward in the league when his heads on straight(which it was tonight). Griff didn't back down and had a sweet block to boot. While it was obvious that Wallace won the war tonight I think EG showed that he deserves to be on the floor more.

PS Tmo looked decent too, not to shabby for a loss. :(

10. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

Hey I'd like for Mobley to look for his teamates more often too, but Eddie doesn't exactly shoot lights out. One thing that looks good is when Eddie posts up with his back to the basket and shoots that turn around jumper. That could be his forte for years to come. But hey, there just not going to call plays for a 19yr old kid down low, just yet. They didn't do it for Kemp, Mcgrady, nor Kobe, so they sure as hell aren't going to do it for Griffin. Eddies going to have to make some serious noise before his teamates start showing him some respect. Thats just how it is.

11. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Yeah I agree but can he at least touch the ball?

12. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

mobley tries to shoot the spalding off the ball

13. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

Griffin did a good job defending Raweed tonight. EG had 8 points, 6 boards, 2 dimes, and a block on Rasheed. That's a pretty good game. I don't get why TMo was in during crunch time instead of EG.

14. Tmo

Tmo Member

Tmo played well in the fourth quarter, 2-4 from the field for 5 points, 3 assists, 2 rebounds. He shoots just as well as EG, but more importantly is a better passer, which is crucial when you're down enough that you need to shoot the three. That's why he and not EG was in during crunch time.

15. WoodlandsBoy

WoodlandsBoy Contributing Member

They should have both been in the game.