1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

we should get in on a possible Den-Phi trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by smoothie, Dec 18, 2001.

1. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

Denver trades: Raef LaFrentz $3,755,142 to Houston
    Denver trades: Antonio McDyess $11,700,000 to Philadelphia
    Denver trades: Nick Van Exel $9,093,750 to L.A. Clippers
    TOTAL: $24,548,892

Houston trades: Maurice Taylor $6,500,000 to Denver
    Houston trades: Kevin Willis $3,000,000 to Philadelphia
    TOTAL: $9,500,000

Philadelphia trades: Dikembe Mutombo $14,315,790 to Denver
    TOTAL: $14,315,790

L.A. Clippers trades: Corey Maggette $1,448,400 to Denver
    L.A. Clippers trades: Jeff McInnis $590,850 to Denver
    L.A. Clippers trades: Sean Rooks $2,400,000 to Denver
    TOTAL: $4,439,250
    TRADE ACCEPTED

Before i get burned for this, i know this will not happen
    but it seems to work for every team. and its always fun to wish.

Denver: must trade Van-Exel. McNugget said if Nick is tradded he is next. this trade gives them an overall better team.
    Deke, Mo, Posey, Maggetty, McInnis/Avery

Us: its pretty clear - Raef, Kt, Rice, Cat, Wink

Philli: this part of the trade is an actual rumor, and i don't understand why they want to move Deke, unless they just want to get younger. either way, McDyess and willis is a nice package.
    Kev, Mc6er?, Harpring, AI, Snow

LAC: the clear cut winners of the deal -
    CandiMan, Brand, Odom, Richardson, Van-Exel

2. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

First, I don't believe any team would trade for a player out for the entire season with an injury. There may even be something not allowing this in the CBA.

3. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

absolute garbage.

4. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Jeff, Ratliff was traded last year while he was out for the year. It is depended on the team that will receive the player, if they are willing to see it as a long term player or not.

5. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Some people with this real gm cracks me up. First of all, if the Clipps were smart, which we are talking about the Clippers, Van excel isn't a bad choice at the point, but Mcinnis is fine with them. The Clippers could probably wait and get Jakson from Golden ST. for Kandi man and that alone would probably propel them into the playoffs. Now if they want Lafrentz and Nick, they would have to have some salaries to make up for that, but I don't see Denv trading McDyess nor Philly trading deke. I know we want the best for the Rockets, but thinking someone is going to take Taylor off our hands this yr is wishful thinking. Since he was injured before the season, it would be a real stupid team to take that contract with the mediocre player. The thing about Ratliff is that he had a wrist injury not a lower leg injury. There's a big difference.

6. ROCS4LIFE

ROCS4LIFE Member

All you guys dreaming of making impossible trades, you all need to chill with it. Just because the Rockets are losing right now doesn't mean that we complitly suck. All the Rockets need is they're star players(Francis,Rice&Taylor) an they'll be fine. But anyways who am I to say, yall' can continue....