1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[College Football]: Horns vs. Aggs

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by garthomps, Nov 23, 2007.

1. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Couldn't agree more, going to the game was fun except for the fact that the Longhorns Offense didn't show up until the second half when the game was pretty much decided. The Defense was non-existent. I don't know whether they over prepared for the spread option look and under prepared for the A&M vertical passing attack but McGee outplayed McCoy. Colt looked like he was trying too hard to win the game and make the perfect play and didn't look comfortable at all. His receivers didn't help him either dropping some passes along the way. I do give him credit for the late scores in the 4th driving into the closed part of the stadium (The Zone) which is tremendously difficult considering the Kyle Field is one of the loudest college football stadiums in the nation.

I can deal with the loss because it's not like A&M ruined an undefeated season. With OU winning we wouldn't have gone to the Big XII title game either. I'm just hoping that the Horns show up for the bowl game to get to 10 wins for seven consecutive seasons.

Rivalries like these are what college athletics are all about. We can talk trash about each others football team but still respect one another's school. My Mom went to A&M and as a Longhorn it has been tough these past 2 losses to A&M, but in a way its good for the rivalry that it has become more spirited and competitive.

Oh and Desert Rocket I owe you a sig buddy. As a man of my words just let me know what you want on there and I'll try and comply as best I can.

Hook 'em

2. rocket tar

rocket tar Member

it's more like, when they go away from jamal charles, the offense really sucks unless colt is getting lucky with big plays.