1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Heat 11/23/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 22, 2007.

1. vizier

vizier Member

it is on the coach. if you keep playing the guy not deserved to play that bring the moral down fo the whole team.

2. Bohr

Bohr Member

Coach A: please try to get a technical. This team has no passion right now.
    T-Mac: please rest, you are hurting the team. It's ok to lose a few games in November.

3. Starscream

Starscream Member

The only pitbull we had was JVG, he was the only one that gave a **** about winning, even that is the saddest statement when the coach would be the only one to stick up for the team and show focus on being better, even now he is gone. Who wants to win, NO One!

our players are freakin losers all the way from the top to the bottom. When your super stars don't give a rats ass about being champions then that says something about the team. Beaten by a crappy Heat team, nah that means nothing to these losers, I'm sorry for the rookies and Scola, these guys will soon join the rest of this squad in having the loser, indifference mentality.

Yeah, we wanna be champions, . . . . yeah right.

4. tsunami

tsunami Member

and why did you forget to comment your beloved daring coach?

5. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

there are so many flaws with this post. he got TRIPLE coverage dude. when he did get single coverage, he dunked over yao all the time.

it's fine that u dislike tmac and love yao, but please, think before you post. and watch the game also.

6. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

Luther Head cost us the game late. Why in the world he was trying to initiate the offense, idk. But dude did not know who to pass to and eventually took stupid shots with a man in his face, and ended up getting blocked or airballed. We were only down a few points then, but he blew two crucial possessions.

7. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I don't agree with T-Mac and Yao not being suitable but the players RA is playing most of the minutes definitely are not suitable for an offensive style of play.

We need a PG that can score consistently starting the game. Ideally, that PG should be able to get to the basket as part of his repertoire since we are lacking that ability when you look at the overall starting lineup. Francis is that guy, and if not him, then James is the next best option.

The next weak point is Chuck Hayes. Despite his hustle and defensive abilities, his total lack of an offensive game is even worse than that of Alston. Scola is clearly starting to get comfortable and should continue to progress toward taking Hayes' position in the starting lineup. Scola played 36 minutes to Chuck's 11 tonight and was on the court at the end of the game.

I believe that RA will make these adjustments in the near future. He has been showing respect to the team that JVG assembled and is going to let the guys in the rotation play their way out of it. Head is doing a great job of that as his minutes continue to decrease by the game. The only reason Head saw the court tonight was Bonzi's injury.

This is the default rotation I predict we will see within the next couple of weeks:

Starting 5:
    Francis, McGrady
    Battier, Scola, Yao

Rotation players:
    Alston, James, Wells

Hayes and Mutombo will get some minutes here and there but they will end up on the outside looking in.

I just listened to RA in the post-game and he mentioned the need to make some changes a couple of times. He criticized the ability of other players not named T-Mac or Yao being able to produce on the offensive end consistently.

Have faith in Rick! He will do what is necessary over time to make this team click. He wasn't going to come in and just disrespect a team that won 50+ games by overhauling the rotation right out of the gates. He is learning about these players and will make the necessary adjustments before you know it.

8. SmitingPurpleEm

Adelman seemed to see Yao vs. Shaq and gave up on Yao's low post game. WHAT A HORRIBLE MOVE. Shaq is beating up on Yao at the other end, one of the main ways to defuse that is to make Shaq work on defense. Adelman wouldn't let Yao do that. Yao can beat Shaq in the low post, but Adelman wouldn't see it. He put Yao at the elbow and had him set screens instead.

Adelman's coaching is an epic failure for this team. Yao needs to come out and demand that he be fired.

9. thewaterox

thewaterox Contributing Member

The excitement I felt about this team is fading fast...The Thrill is Gone...The Thrill has gone away...

Watching this team they have no heart no will to win and no confidence. They can't score or defend in the 4th it's just horrible to watch them give away possessions with bad shots, turnovers, and stupid fouls.

This is not rock bottom fellas things will get worst before they get better.

10. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

Luther Head cost us the game late. Why in the world he was trying to initiate the offense, idk. But dude did not know who to pass to and eventually took stupid shots with a man in his face, and ended up getting blocked or airballed. We were only down a few points then, but he blew two crucial possessions.

That, in my opinion, were the turning points of the game.

11. dadesokan

dadesokan Contributing Member

Someone on this forum last week someone said we would be 6-7 by this time today. we could become 6-10 very quickly fall out of the playoff picture unless something gives. Spur beat the grizzles by 18 tonight, the same team beat us by 3. Same thing with the lakers. Rockets may not make the playoffs this year with this team, however if we do it might be a 1st round sweep.

Fire RA and cut Rafer!!!!!!

12. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Yao should shut hes mouth and play defense and not get destroyed by a washedup shaqtracy was pathetic no heart

We have two overrated allstars. i would'nt label any of them superstars. also yao is not the best C anymore. Howard has passed him. making excuses for yao.i woul trade him for

13. choujie

choujie Member

I think you are wrong. Shaq was single covered most of the game. Yao saw more double teams in the first half.
    In the 2nd half, Yao didn't even get the ball, so there was no need to double him.

14. supergokuken

supergokuken Rookie

well this it for me i will not look at no nab games the rockets sux and if there start to win alot of game i see all of you next yr. 2008-2009 .

15. choujie

choujie Member

How can you play defense when every deep breath against the strongest player in NBA is a foul?

16. ROCKETABBAS1

ROCKETABBAS1 Member

it seemed to me that no one gave a rat's ass about losing. tmac was laughing his ass off with fellow underachiever mike "primadona" james, and rick "supposedly i have a great offense for rockets" adelman was just looking very clueless like he didn't know what was going on. let me sum it up for you rick, you AND your team has/have no heart. NONE! the only guys that have heart either suck(rafer), dont play(stevie) or are too old(dikembe).

17. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

uh no, he got doubled still that's why shaq shot less. the doubles forced him to pass.

18. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

It just might be too late to insert Francis into the mix...as far as maximum effectiveness goes

As much as itd be a move to jumpstart things, it also stands to get taken as conceding against the original plan.

After a 6 game losing streak, itd just be same ol' Francis putting up stats and occasional highlight play on a bad team.

19. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

You hit the nail on the head :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

20. OpusX

OpusX Rookie

Bad coaching.