1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

FIRE ADELMAN! (Yes I am serious)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by persian hoopa, Nov 21, 2007.

1. persian hoopa

persian hoopa Contributing Member

This is not working out. There is precedence to do this. Remember the Knicks canning Don Nelson and the Spurs dumping Tark the Shark. Yao is not happy with this offense and his stubborness in is rotation is killing us. Tonight was the last straw.

2. rocket3forlife2

i dont know about that, but i didnt agree with the play at the end where t mac shot the ball of the pick...everything should have been going to the basket.

3. Dei

Dei Member

12 games in. Your buffer should be larger than that.

4. amire_1984

amire_1984 New Member

hi ,guys , i am from the hometown of Yao. and i have just watced the game Rocket vs Mavs . Rightnow. we are in the job time. it is a morning. I and lots of my colleagues put our work away to concentrate on this game . we were so excited when the Rockets lead in the 3rd quarter . but the last 2 minutes was so unacceptable for us . I think that's mainly the fault of the coach. he did not arrange well. so i support u . Fire the coach. and the Rockets need trade to change the situation . especially trade some able guard who can arrange the offense well and can shoot the openwide goal.

5. Rockzilla

Rockzilla Member

I agree. Adelman should never been hired in the first place. His system doesn't fit the Rockets. We won't win 50 games this year.

6. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

The thing is, what everyone feared when the Rockets were 6-1 are the very reasons the team has been slipping ever since, and Adelman has made no attempts to remedy them.

But then it is easy to forget that he knows more than all of us...

7. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

You guys are ridiculous. Adelman isn't going anywhere. Why waist your keyboard strokes.

8. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Fire GunDY!!!11!1

9. Terryfox

Terryfox New Member

i don't like his style. and i don't like MJ.

10. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

bit impatient... did everyone expect the rockets to pick up adelman's system in the blink of an eye?
    i was expecting the rockets to run the system decent by the All-star break.

can we fire YOU?

11. Bohr

Bohr Member

I agree. The play calling is horrible. They need to have a team meeting.

12. jasona88

jasona88 Member

Dont put francis in...dont fire RA..rafer should start!! you know why? dont fix whats not broken... Look at our record, we're winning! ...Oh... wait. :rolleyes:

13. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

wrong forum?

but I was expecting something like that after this game..

and if he stays consistent with his stubbornness, I don't see a reason for keeping him...

14. MM=unbeatable

MM=unbeatable Member

JVG is a good man,and a good coach as well,i'm wondering if we can rehire him!!!
    we just had psychologic weakness that caused our losses in the playoffs

15. abc2007

abc2007 Member

This loss is on Adelman! He is overconfident in Bonzi. Bonzi played like garbage for several games, he still trust him. But, Scola is not very good in the first half, he barely play him in the second half. :eek:

16. watashi315

watashi315 Member

I feel sorry for your boss and whichever company you work for. For 2 1/2 hours this morning, you and your colleagues stopped work to watch the Rockets on company time. Wow.....

17. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I'm not ready fire Adelman. It is too early. Way,way too early.

I do, however, have a problem with the way this team is playing. The offense is not an upgrade over the JVG offense. As a matter of fact, with all the new talent we brought in, I would say it has taken a step back. The defense has fluctuated but has certainly taken a step or two back from last season.

But what is really bothering me is that in the last week I'm hearing a lot of comments about how it will take 2-3 years for the team to completely learn the Adelman offense. Really? So we are supposed to wait until Yao is 30 and Tmac is 31 before we pass judgment on Rick's coaching? I hope not.

I was one of the people who thought JVG deserved another year. A lot of people disagreed but there is no way rational people are going to say this team would not be better off right now if JVG still ran the show. This team is so much deeper than last year and even if Bonzi chose to go somewhere else and Steve never signed (since both guys disliked JVG) the addition of James and Scola to what we had last year would have given this team the talent it needed to compete with ANYONE under the JVG model in the playoffs.

18. devin23

devin23 Member

2-3 years to learn Adelman's lession? IF so, then management made a dumb move. Aren't we suppose to win NOW?

19. watashi315

watashi315 Member

For some reason, I don't see James as much of an upgrade for us. He can do one thing, and only one thing, better than Rafer....the tear drop.

20. lethe

lethe Member

Rockets used to make the 4th quarter terrible, the guys lead 16 points in 3rd , lead 5 points when 2 minutes left in 4th(91-86),but we still lost, I don't know what to say, what to say... :(

What's wrong with this team? Adelman is nopt the only reason. :mad: