1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo]RB Ricky Williams applies for reinstatement to NFL Would Texans be interested?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Shehzad23, Oct 1, 2007.

1. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I like Ricky. I don't think it's in the Texans best interest to go after him. We need youth at RB.

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

18 months for weed.
    8 games for guns.

Weird.

3. Lonestar28

Lonestar28 Member

We need something besides what we have at RB. I say give him a shot. It was just weed. I'm sure nobody else in the league smokes it.

We need someone with a little bit of an edge besides the nice guys we have that do nothing while their qb gets blindsided.

4. jojobabbu

jojobabbu Member

We don't sign em we draft them. Ala Maria Williams

5. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Green will play this Sunday but after watching Sports Sunday last week, I don't think Green will be available too much for at least the rest of the season. The doctor told Green that the only way for the knee to heal is to stay off of it.

And yes I would take a chance on Ricky. Our running game is pathetic and it's hurting our entire offense and keeping our defense constantly on the field. Not sure how in-shape Ricky is, but Dayne looks like a black Santa Clause out there.

6. msn

msn Member

I agree. Despite my earlier protests, if the commish is willing to reinstate him then give the guy another shot (unless he'll just quit on his team again).

Well, that makes is OK then, doesn't it? There are probably some compelling reasons to give Ricky Williams another shot, but this isn't among them.

7. blackistan

blackistan Member

We should be interested seeing how our running game is even though the problems we could face having him on the team but i think its worth the chance