1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Moochie has improved

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketKid, Dec 6, 2001.

1. RocketKid

RocketKid Member

From the last couple of games, I have seen a HUGE improve in Moochie Norris. Now I'm a guy who is usually very critical of Mooch, so when you see me giving him props, you know he has improved.

1) He has FINALLY stopped his dribbling show. I think he is finally becoming a point guard. I've noticed that he passes a whole lot more, getting the others involved.

2) He doesn't drive it in on three guys twice his size anymore. He usually takes a midrange shot. Although he doesn't make them often, at least all that BS of driving it in has stopped.

Well. 8 straight losses. I still love the Rocks though.
    :(

2. jerinrulz

jerinrulz Contributing Member

right freakin on man.....lets make this thread into a why we love the rockets thread.......heres my reason: theyll pull out of it and itll be even sweeter once we finally click

3. goophers

goophers Member

I agree Moochie is playing better, but what's up with jacking up all the three's??? It's like he thinks he's Eddie Griffin or something! :D

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

In crunch time I saw Mooch miss a wide open 3 and leave Tyronne Lue open for 2 easy J's that sealed the loss. Yup, seems like the same choke on O and joke on D I've come to expect from his sorry ass.

5. solid

solid Contributing Member

Yes, he has noticiably improved his dribbling technique, his defense has also changed. He now waves at players as they blow by him. He is also allowing 2 or 3 more seconds on the shot clock before he makes a stupid pass or jacks up an off balance shot. I think we are seeing some breakthrough progress here.

6. RocketKid

RocketKid Member

Ok well I guess it wasn't a huge improvement. However, i haven't noticed him drive it in much like he used to, and he tends to pass more now. Aside from that, yea, he still sucks a$$ on D and he can't hit his shots. At least those 2 major problems have been worked on.

7. solid

solid Contributing Member

RocketKid, I couldn't resist being "cute." But your are right, I have noticed some changes for the better. I am still mad that they signed him for big bucks. One in a series of STUPID personnel decisions that could lock this team into perpetual lottery status Oh please let me be wrong! O.K., here is the answer. Keep Francis, Mobley, Willis, Griffin, Torres, and Brown. Everyone else just quietly slip out of town and mail back your inflated contracts with a letter of apology. This could work.

8. HoonaBan

HoonaBan Contributing Member

Rocketkid I think you hoona too much.

9. RocketKid

RocketKid Member

The HoonaBan is a branch of the Taliban. Watch out everyone.