1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carol Dawson, 'nough said

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Marky, Dec 8, 2001.

1. Marky

Marky Member

3 Quick Points:

Cato has one triple double in pre-season, gives him $42 mil.

Sign Taylor for $48 million

Trade for Rice

and of course,

Maloney 26 million.

That's the story fellas.

ROCKETS w/ #1 pick select Brian Boddicker out of the University of Texas-Austin

2. treeman

treeman Member

Fire Dawson!!!!

:rolleyes:

Two Words: Steve Francis.

Two More: Cuttino Mobley.

3. Bigman

Bigman Member

.....and Sam Cassell, Robert Horry, Kenny Thomas, Michael Dickerson......Do we really have to go over this again?!

4. haven

haven Member

Yeah, and Taylor has done so much to prove he's not worthy of that contract...

5. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

No haven, CD is supposed to have phychic qualities to know that Mo was about to blow his ACL. :rolleyes:

And on Rice, you really think you can judge a player based on one month? Let's hope not, or Eddie Griffin isn't going to be as good as most of you think either.

Want some other good moves? How about getting out of the horrid 2000 draft with Collier and the pick this year that we traded for Griffin. How about getting Eddie Griffin out of 3 below average picks in the 2001 draft? How about getting Mo Taylor for the 2.25 mil exception last year? How about getting Moochie Norris out of the CBA? Those are all on top of the players like Steve Francis, Cuttino Mobley, Sam Cassell, Michael Dickerson, Kenny Thomas, Robert Horry, etc. Yeah, let's ditch CD!!

:rolleyes:

6. Jared Novak

Jared Novak Contributing Member

I have to agree with Cat, I mean the Rockets have made surveyors of talent, however some of the contracts that they have been giving out have to be questioned. For instance:

Kelvin Cato:
    This guy was awesome in the preseason, and Rudy and CD figured sign him now before his price tag gets too high. This is the perfect example of jumping the gun. (6years, 42 million)

Moochie Norris:
    To me Moochie is very overrated. I understand that he gets along with the team, but he is definitely not worth the ludicrous contract he got, personally I would've liked to have kept Damon Jones. Norris is a capable back-up, but not for the money he is gettting paid, how do you justify paying a backup that much?
    (6 years, 24 million)

Glen Rice:
    Sorry to say, but we got this guy five years too late, could you have imagined him with the nucleus we had during the championship years? The Rockets should've known that this guy was hurt, and should've found another trade for Shandon Anderson. Alot of people are saying that its still early, and you can't gauge his worth yet, but what happened to every game is important, lets face it, Glen Rice is cut out for this team, and I justify saying that by looking at the amount of shots he has taken (before Franchise got hurt), and even before his injury, he was still not that effective offensively. I can't wait til his contract runs out. (? years, definitely too much money).

The rest of the team is questionable, the only bright spots are Cat, Francis, KT, and Eddie Griffin.

7. MattsayzIstillbelieve!!!

okay now first of all Dawson has made some mistakes yes but they are far outweighed by the positives. we overpayed Cato and Taylor but when I go back and look at the market and the potential i really do see the justification for the payouts. clearly at this juncture it seems he overpayed them both by a combined oh say 15-20 mil but it seems to me that both guys do have the talent within them to make those contracts look like steals if they would only play to their potential. yeah big if I know but still who knew Mo would injure himself and when you see Cato looking rabid and drooling and blocking 11 shots in agame albeit preseason you like the possibilities. was the gun jumped well yeah maybe a little. we should have held our cards on mooch the deal we offered him in my opinion was the max we should have considered and anyway where was he gonna go if he decides he's too good for that. he would have folded or we'd be talkin about Mr. Jones being a really good backup right about now. By the way mooch should go back to the bench and Cat should man the point till Steve gets back. Rice was a risk but hey i'd rather have him then Anderson at this point. His shooting might still make its way back at some point and he's decent at post-ups and basic basketball but it seems his wheels are losing air faster than we'd hoped. losing Dream sucked and cosidering we did we might as well have kept Mo and the others waiting and really taken a look at gettin Webber but who knew really. our draft was a stroke of Genius though and I firmly believe that griff will end up being the best player out of a great class. Now real quick and obvious think about the good things dawson's done steve cat oscar who's gonna be really good in my opinion and yadda yadda yadda all the others been mentioned for a way better positive record than some fools recognize.:cool:

8. Launch Pad

Launch Pad Contributing Member

"3 quick points"?

point 1) Cato

point 2) Taylor

point 3) Rice

point 4) Maloney

Well, I guess it is hard to count with your fingers when you are using them to type, eh Marky . . . :D