1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Question for Crispee and Achebe (It's About the Cocteau Twins and Dead Can Dance)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Manny Ramirez, Dec 7, 2001.

1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Actually these questions are for anyone here that likes the Cocteau Twins and Dead Can Dance, but HP and Heb are the only ones that I know here that have said that they like them.

I just recently got some more CDs from Amazon coming on the way and 2 of those are these:

Toward the Within - Dead Can Dance
    Victorialand - Cocteau Twins

My questions are these:

I really love Within the Realm of a Dying Sun but it took awhile to get to like Aion. Is Toward the Within like WTROADS or is it better or is it similar to Aion? Also, Heaven or Las Vegas is another favorite but it took awhile for me to like Treasure. Is Victorialand better than Heaven or Las Vegas or is it better than Treasure or is it a notch below?

I would like to know what your personal rankings are for Cocteau Twins CDs and Dead Can Dance's CDs.

Thanks for any input that you have on this.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

imo....all albums by Dead Can Dance should be bought. At the same time, maybe buy all Wolfgang Press. Cocteau Twins had their moments, and they are good....but their sound is much more available in other venues than previously....music is definitely getting better...I wouldn't call CT a band worthy of stopping you from spending money on another. buts thats my opinion....there is a LOT of good music out there!!!!!

Buy them all!!!...and DaDakota's game CD, too!!!

imo, buy all 4AD, yet spend an hour of previewing other CDs per CD you buy....then again, I love music that I've never heard before...weird, isn't it?

3. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Thanks for the response, HP.

Amazon has all these lists that they call part of their "listmania" and they talk about the Wolfgang Press. So, I will check those out; unfortunately, alot of those CDs take anywhere from 3 days to 1-2 weeks and in some cases are not in print anymore.

Even though this group isn't the "4AD Sound", I had to buy Deep Forest's first CD, "Deep Forest", through an individual and it's a used copy.

I know you had talked about Brian Eno and David Byrne before....what do you think of the Apollo: Atmospheres and Soundtracks CD by Eno and My Life in the Bush of Ghosts by Byrne and Eno?

Thanks again.