1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Photo editing programs...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ZRB, Dec 5, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

ZRB: To get a scan, go to Import... and use the "TWAIN" option.

As for the cost, the best way to avoid the costs is to buy an older version of Photoshop (try 5 or 5.5) from Ebay and then just buy the upgrade. Usually the upgrade is around $75 or $100 and the older program will cost you around the same amount.

I've tried Fireworks and it is pretty cool but I still prefer Photoshop.

2. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Okay, it does have my scanner listed under "import", but when I scan, the image shows up on the scanning software, not the photo program. The image is shown as it as seen on the scanner. Instead of only the object showing up, the entire white board of the scanner is shown around the object. Is there a way I can make ONLY the object show up in the photo program? I couldn't find TWAIN...

3. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Not know the dynamics of the software you're using (adobe deluxe, demos), can't help you much as to why you're not seeing your scan in the application.

The fact your scanner is showing up under import suggest its twain supported.

Your scanner should make two passes.

First pass is to allow you to preview the img and crop the areas you don't want. If you don't see a default crop area (retangular shape with dotted lines for borders), you should have a crop icon. Works much like most selection tool.

The second pass is the actual scan.

Anyway, thats how my system works...and I haven't upgraded my scanner in years.

RR