1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Snipers miss Geraldo, damn...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rockHEAD, Dec 6, 2001.

1. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

Geraldo Rivera ducks to avoid sniper shots while taping war report in Afghanistan
    (12-06) 11:29 PST NEW YORK (AP) --

Fox News Channel correspondent Geraldo Rivera had a close call in Afghanistan on Thursday, ducking to avoid sniper fire that came so close the sound of the bullets was picked up by his crew's microphones, a spokesman said.

"Geraldo said it was close to parting his hair," Fox News Channel spokesman Robert Zimmerman said.

Nobody was hurt in the incident, which took place when Rivera was taping a report on a ridge near Kandahar where American soldiers were killed in a friendly fire incident, Zimmerman said. Rivera believed al-Qaida fighters nearby were in retreat, but someone obviously was close enough to fire a few shots, the spokesman said.

click for more

--

2. Band Geek Mobster

Geraldo works for Fox News now?

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I wouldn't be surprised if the fire didn't come from US Military... lol.

I don't think our government likes Geraldo too much.

4. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

5. mr_oily

mr_oily Member

Yeah, I read an article about this the other day.
    Apparently Geraldo gave up millions and switched from CNBC to Fox to go to Afghanistan and be amongst the frontlines, however alot of the military is stiffing him and not letting him get as close to the frontlines as he wants, something to do with his party affiliation and support of Clinton or was it lack of...anyhow, there he is.:)

6. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Geraldo has had many close calls in Afghanistan. Thanksgiving week I was watching FNC, and Geraldo was showing his security force. He has like 4 anti-Taliban soldiers for protection. He brought one soldier on camera with him. Started to shake his hand, pat him on the back, etc... The soldier looked really scared to be there.

7. Houstone

Houstone Member

They should consantrate on Geraldo unstead of Osama...

Bomb Geraldo!!!:mad:

8. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Why else do you think rockHEAD would want him hit?

9. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

What is it that eveybody has against Geraldo? :confused:

10. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

The "Al Capone's Vaults" special......

11. mr_oily

mr_oily Member

Smokey is right, even though he may not be getting as close as he wants, or so the Drudge said the other day, I was watching him last night on FOX and he is purty damn close and hes packing heat!
    Aside from the Al Capone vault special, I think Geraldo is really one of the most passionate reporters out there. He did the O.J. thing with vigilance as well as the JeanBenet Ramsey thang even after it was out of style (hes got daughters of his own, go figure!)

I know we all joke about him but I pray for him and wish him safety from the danger of the AlQueda terror network and the Evil Doers callled Taliban!:mad:

:) Cmon fellas!

12. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

He should just grow a beard and act like he works for Al-Jazeera.